Did the Setzer Quest a long time ago, Setzer disappeared

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
DrRude
Peon
Peon

Did the Setzer Quest a long time ago, Setzer disappeared

Post by DrRude »

My Setzer(s) have disappeared from storage, possibly converted back into a short sword(s).

DETAILS:

I've only had two characters in TMW: DrRude and Feral Chyld. I did the Setzer quest and armor quests with both characters. Since this was before TMW had a bank and storage, I used Feral Chyld to hold stuff for DrRude. At some point someone gave Feral Chyld a short sword. Between DrRude and that other player, Feral ended up with two Setzers and a short sword.

A few years ago I lost the DrRude character due to more than 6 months of inactivity and some TMW server house cleaning. With losing DrRude I also lost more than a million gold but that's another story. :wink: Eventually DrRude's Setzer, Feral's Setzer and that other short sword all ended up in Feral's storage.

Fast forward to yesterday and I was told to try using my Setzer for its speed advantage. Thinking I still had them in storage I went and checked, only to find three short swords -- and no Setzers. Just to be sure, I confirmed that Feral had already done the Setzer quest (and the prerequisite Bone Knife quest). Before losing DrRude I had turned him into an archer so I had no reason to move the Setzers back to that character.

Sometime back in the summer I recall some ingame glitches where the some parts of the character avatar were throwing an error. That leads into my questions:

1) Is there a possibility that some glitch is responsible for deleting my Setzers (or changing them back to short swords)?

2) If so, can I get one (or both) of my Setzers back?

and

3) If I can't get my Setzers back, is there a flag in the database that can be "reset" so I can complete the Setzer quest again? I already have everything for Nicholas except for the Golden Stinger.

Thanks in advance for your time...

EDIT: I pose these questions more from a server admin / Developer perspective (i.e. - was there a glitch, make a quick change to one of the tables in the database, etc). The work-around of creating another character and leveling it up to redo those quests is NOT a solution.
Last edited by DrRude on 27 Oct 2014, 19:56, edited 4 times in total.
natsuki3
Novice
Novice

Re: Did the Setzer Quest a long time ago, Setzer disappeared

Post by natsuki3 »

Make a new char, level him up 60 times and redo the quest.
You can get level 60 pretty easly in graveyard, just bring your mule and a tank and kill Poltergeists.
Its blue like the sea.
DrRude
Peon
Peon

Post by DrRude »

natsuki3 wrote:Make a new char, level him up 60 times and redo the quest.
You can get level 60 pretty easly in graveyard, just bring your mule and a tank and kill Poltergeists.
Thanks for the idea, already thought of that.

I was asking this more from a server admin / Developer perspective. Not trying to create bunches of characters as a work around.
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

It could have gotten lost. There were bugs with storage some time ago and your account is pretty old.

There's no way to prove that however. The logs of you getting the setzer are long gone and admins don't give out items in cases where there is no solid proof in the logfiles. Too many social engineering attempts.

Can't reset quest status either. There's no interface to that other than manually poking the databases, which could seriously break things.

I'm sorry to say it but the best solution is to see if someone will sell you a setzer on the cheap.
Head of the TMW Illuminati
DrRude
Peon
Peon

Post by DrRude »

MadCamel wrote:It could have gotten lost. There were bugs with storage some time ago and your account is pretty old.

There's no way to prove that however. The logs of you getting the setzer are long gone and admins don't give out items in cases where there is no solid proof in the logfiles. Too many social engineering attempts.

Can't reset quest status either. There's no interface to that other than manually poking the databases, which could seriously break things.

I'm sorry to say it but the best solution is to see if someone will sell you a setzer on the cheap.
Thanks for the breakdown MadCamel, it's much appreciated. I figured that might be the case but I had to ask anyway.

But, regarding the admins needing solid proof, if an admin were to log into the game using Feral Chyld s/he could talk to the NPCs Kfahr and Nicholas as if attempting those quests. Their canned responses would be proof that the quests were least completed with the Feral character (e.g. - Kfahr points out the Bone Knife in my possession, Nicholas won't offer the Setzer quest, etc). Any chance of that happening? :D