Server not notice that i was disconnected

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Server not notice that i was disconnected

Post by Ginaria »

Hello :)

today i was disconnected suddently during raging bats.
Suprisingly disconnects happens each day one time for me.
Normal that means, i try to login, then i get message, that i am still login, and then i must repeat to login to get back into game.

Suprisingly disconneted -> i close client -> 1st relogin try -> server saying, i am still playing -> 2nd relogin try is successfull

Today i tested the time period, when server noticing, that i was disconnected.
So after diconnected, i relogin with 2nd account and waited until Ginaria disappeared. And after unbelieveable 17 minutes server noticed Ginaria was disconnected.

Is that normal!?
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Server not notice that i was disconnected

Post by AnonDuck »

Sadly, yes. That's normal.

There are many ways you can be disconnected and some of them cause the server to think it's just a temporary hiccup. When this happens it keeps the connection open hoping your end of the link will start responding again. 17 minutes is a bit long but it can happen.

Perhaps TMW should implement a ping system much like what IRC servers use.. The client could also behave a bit more smoothly when it detects you're already logged in, giving you a button to click to retry instantly.
Head of the TMW Illuminati
Shainen
Novice
Novice

Re: Server not notice that i was disconnected

Post by Shainen »

Happens to me 75% of the time when switching characters on my main account. Strangely it rarely happens when switching characters on my secondary account.