Account Info Recovery

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
qwertymodo
Peon
Peon

Account Info Recovery

Post by qwertymodo »

I have a friend who hasn't played in awhile that wanted to get back into it, but can't remember her login info. I pointed her to the help thread here where it told her to email for a password reset, but she never heard back. It's possible that she sent the reset request email from the wrong email account, as she registered back in 2010/2011ish, and doesn't remember which email she used either. Are there any options left for her to recover her account, or is she just SOL at this point? Character name is RetaMay.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Account Info Recovery

Post by gumi »

her account might have been deleted ("pruned") for inactivity
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
qwertymodo
Peon
Peon

Post by qwertymodo »

@wushin
qwertymodo wrote:I pointed her to the help thread here where it told her to email for a password reset, but she never heard back.
@meko No, I'm fairly certain she wasn't purged. Her character shows up in my party list.
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

qwertymodo wrote:@wushin
qwertymodo wrote:I pointed her to the help thread here where it told her to email for a password reset, but she never heard back.
@meko No, I'm fairly certain she wasn't purged. Her character shows up in my party list.
Hi,

I am the one that takes care of password resets.

The account is not pruned for inactivity, I have not recieved any email about the account at all.
However no email is coupled with that account, so please instruct the person to contact me either ingame, on irc or sending me a pm on here to resolve the matter. Best solution would be to catch me ingame, but that might be hard due to timezones etc.

As of now i can't really act since i don't have any request from anyone claiming to own the account to do something.

If the person speaks with you again - please inform them that case sensitivity matters nowadays and that (s)he should update to the latest manaplus. Maybe (s)he is trying to connect with a really old client.

Best regards.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
qwertymodo
Peon
Peon

Post by qwertymodo »

Thanks, veryape. I'll let her know. In-game won't work for her, as she can't log in (hence the issue). I understand that you can't do anything without her contacting you herself, I just told her I'd ask around first because I don't think she has an account on the forum. I'll have her either try to catch you on irc or else sign up here and PM.