Request Deleting Account

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
kzexio
Peon
Peon

Request Deleting Account

Post by kzexio »

I need to delete my account "kaos" because changing my password I put - and now it does not go, I do not remember the email related to it and I can not do a reset. I want to reuse the name of the character named "kzexio" that is in the account.
Thanks
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Request Deleting Account

Post by o11c »

I'm sorry, we don't delete random accounts just based on an assertion that it's yours. If you have some way of actually *proving* it, we will be glad to delete or reset it.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
kzexio
Peon
Peon

Post by kzexio »

I can not prove it. Since the creation account does not ask a lot of data. With it could prove that it is mine ?. Data of my character ?, previous passwords ?.
kzexio
Peon
Peon

Post by kzexio »

They can send any message to the email associated with the account?, I got to find it and send to reset my password.
Only if you can thanks.
How often deleted accounts?. Because my account "kaos" has much downtime and has not been deleted.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

The rule is that any account that's inactive for a year is prone to deletion. But we only actually bother to delete them it if we have some pressing reason to. The changes I made to the server last year made it less important to delete unused accounts, so we haven't bothered. I'll probably do the next purge when we enable the postgres backend.

On occasion, admins have manually deleted an eligible-for-expiry account if we're in a good mood (if very many people ask, we will *not* be in a good mood for any of them), but the account 'kaos' has not been inactive for long enough to be eligible for deletion.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
kzexio
Peon
Peon

Post by kzexio »

Ok thanks, will wait until it is deleted because I can not recover XD.