circlets changed to bandanas

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
butters
Peon
Peon

circlets changed to bandanas

Post by butters »

the circlets on my alt The Mana King have changed to pandanas, several other have repoted the same
Salius
Novice
Novice

Re: circlets changed to bandanas

Post by Salius »

Same problem :alt-4:
All my Circlets (one in inventory and some in storage) are bandanas now.

I have stopped all my in-game activity until problem is solved.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

After investigating it appears to have been something with the server crash on the 11th. That would be a 3 day revert of the accounts, TMW is discussing how to proceed currently with either restoration, a rollback or some option. More Details to come.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

When I check my storages/mules I see the right number of bandanas (I save 2 of each hat), but I have NO circlets at all. It looks like mine are all gone and nothing replaced. Of course ... circlets are easy enough to get anyway... not like the orange towel becoming an orange bug. Why not just give them on request since they're a dime a dozen, so to speak.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Ends up only a few people could have been affected by it Butters and Salius were. I'm not sure about ledmitz alt. Butters and Salius if you can try and catch me online I can replace the missing circlets.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Salius
Novice
Novice

Post by Salius »

I know one more player with same problem: bruce965. I hear how he claim about this problem in chat (time may be different from yours - local timezone):
[17:24] bruce965: mine got replaced too
[17:27] bruce965: I guess the item category has been replaced, as every circlet I used to own became a bandana
I'm sure TMW developers making backup copies of server stored user data. This is very easy task to restore my user data from backup copy, to state before your crash. I have 2 chars in my account now, both lost circlets. Please restore data for this 2 chars from backup (to 11th or even to 10th of Dec.). This is the best solution. In this case all items restore correct quantity. The problem is I don't remember how many circlets I had. I never write out contents of my storage before (think I need to start doing it). I had one in my inventory and one in inventory of my second char and some in storage, don't remember how many (may be 5 or 6 or more). I can't remember what items I have in storage.

I don't know what file format you use to store user data. May be this is xml file or simple delimited text (like in your items db). It is always possible to find information about my items in backup copies of this files.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Well I have two Circlets in my storage being replaced by Bandanas too.
Personally I don't care about replacement, just saying this cause there might indeed be some more people affected.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

There is no *possible* way for that to have happened.

Can anyone think of any *impossible* ways?
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Techron
Novice
Novice

Post by Techron »

I just checked my inventory and my circlets have also changed.

Techron
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

I have lost some items too. One of the items i remember is dark blue wizard hat. I know I had it. In one of my accounts. Cant find it now. Anything can be done ?

Characters:
narutouchiha
PrincessKenny
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
Salius
Novice
Novice

Post by Salius »

Cassy wrote:Well I have two Circlets in my storage being replaced by Bandanas too.
Personally I don't care about replacement, just saying this cause there might indeed be some more people affected.
You must care about this because this is very dangerous bug on TMW server. Who knows what item may be changed next time? May be your Heart of Isis or Banshee Bow replaced by Maggot Slimes next time.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Salius wrote:
Cassy wrote:Well I have two Circlets in my storage being replaced by Bandanas too.
You must care about this because this is very dangerous bug on TMW server. Who knows what item may be changed next time? May be your Heart of Isis or Banshee Bow replaced by Maggot Slimes next time.
I said personally :D
So I don't care about them being replaced for my chars ;)
If I didn't care in general I wouldn't have written that post.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

I found my wiz hat in one of my alts. Sorry for the post above. I guess i should check all the alts. From now i keep a screenshot of my inventry to know what i have. What if i protect the item ? Server crash or any other things effect protected items ?
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
Salius
Novice
Novice

Post by Salius »

deepthought wrote:I found my wiz hat in one of my alts. Sorry for the post above. I guess i should check all the alts. From now i keep a screenshot of my inventry to know what i have. What if i protect the item ? Server crash or any other things effect protected items ?
If this is a sever bug, then crash may be effected to any items, protected or not. "Protection" only protect you when you accidentally try to sell rare items. For example: when you trade to npc, you click on wrong item and sell it to npc. This is the only case when protection can keep your rare items safe.

And I agree, we need to keep everyday screenshot of both inventory and storage.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Have found the log of every player whose items were changed, so we *can* do verified restoration.

This problem was not related to the crash, but still investigating exactly how it happened.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.