Hair style change during outfit change

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Hair style change during outfit change

Post by Ledmitz »

OS = Debian Linux Unstable
Manaplus 1.4.12.6

Hair Style changed when I changed to an outfit of another character by mistake. I meant to change outfits, but not the one I selected. I did not have those items to equip, but when I changed, my hairstyle went from 'wave' to 'short and curly'. I changed back outfits but the style remained until I visited Issay.

[EDIT] I was in Nivalis at the time, but I forget where. I think it was in Orum's Homunculus' cave. I figure it may have had something to do with the 'Skeleton Charm' I had equipped immediately before I changed... ?

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Hair style change during outfit change

Post by gumi »

only some "usable" items (potions and such) can change your hair. However, manaplus does change your hairstyle when using some helmets/hats
but it should go back to normal if you unequip your head gear. Please try this and tell me if the bug still happens.

If your hair does not turn to normal after you unequip your head gear, it might be a manaplus bug so restart manaplus and tell me if it solve the issue.

If your hair is still not back to normal after you are head-naked and restarted manaplus it is a bug with tmwa in which case please do the following:
- go to the barber
=> it will say "your style is X and your color is Y".
- equip the item that changed your hairstyle
- talk to the barber again and check if it still says the same color and style
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

Has not happened since and I don't even remember character/outfit anymore. It only happened the one time, but I will keep my eyes peeled. I do know this though... It was not a character with scissors.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Valley52
Newly Registered User

Post by Valley52 »

I think this problem rarely happen with people. But still all should take care of especially on special occasions.