Bug in Crazy Move

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Bug in Crazy Move

Post by deepthought »

I think I may have found a bug. I was testing crazy moves and when I use m? in custom crazy move, I get disconnected server. Other players also experiencing the same problem. I tried the custom crazy move efdRdRm?, efdRdRm?dRw many other combinations.

Note: Buggy servers protection is enabled and I have good ping of 260ms.
Last edited by deepthought on 15 Jan 2015, 10:32, edited 1 time in total.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
Knight
Knight

Re: Bug in Crazy Move

Post by 4144 »

Disconnect mean server kicked you because you flooding.
Current antiflood system on server broken and may kick you without reason.
But for moving it not kicking, this mean you had issue not in "m" but in some other command
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

If there is a case where the antiflood system kicks you without a flood, I would like to hear about that.

If there is a case where the antiflood system has bad threshholds for certain packets, I would like to hear about that too.

So far I haven't heard anything except "nobody has ever attacked *our* server so we don't need X protection".
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

o11c wrote:If there is a case where the antiflood system kicks you without a flood, I would like to hear about that.

If there is a case where the antiflood system has bad threshholds for certain packets, I would like to hear about that too.

So far I haven't heard anything except "nobody has ever attacked *our* server so we don't need X protection".
I'm not flooding. The server is kicking me out without reason. I'm just doing a crazy move and within a second or two into my crazy i get kicked out. I hope you can also recreate the situation, just use "m?" in your crazy move. Without m?, there's no problem. Maybe the server interpret moving in random direction(m?) as flooding ?
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

o11c wrote:If there is a case where the antiflood system kicks you without a flood, I would like to hear about that.
If send some packet with allowed packet rate and network had small random delay, server may get all this packets at same time and kick player.
Becaise this issue i using 1.5x or even 2x delays between packets bigger than allowed. And still some people can be affected by kicks.
This mean antiflood system designed in bad way.

This not related to packets, but chat. Chat antiflood broken by design. Because no any features implimented i using chat for transferring states/commands and chat anti flood limiting all this. In chat no same text, no very fast messages, but after some messages client show warning what player almost banned. Broken repeat check server side?
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

For packet flood, you have to get a whopping *30* over-limit packets before getting kicked. That's not likely to be caused by network delay - the shortest allowed delay is 20ms for the attack packet, which would require 600ms of delay (which is admittedly almost feasible), but that's without the 1.5x or 2x. After that, drop item is 50ms (1.5s worth of delay) and then a bunch of 100ms (3s worth of delay)

For chat flood, there are two bans:
  • For sending 10 messages, reset every 10 seconds, warn at 8 messages.
  • For sending 10 copies of the same mssage (but possibly changing the suffix), resets every 10 minutes or when a different message is sent, warn at 8 copies.
  • If the chat is "lame", there is an additional penalty of 2 (so it is possible to never get the warning), but only for the first case.
  • The limit applies to global chat, whispers, party chat, and @wgm, but not other GM commands or magic.
Other than the 8-10 no-warning-if-lame-adds-3 bug, I don't see any flaws with the chat.

Perhaps some of the manaplus hidden messages help trigger it?
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

600 ms delay is possible with network lags. Even if 600ms delay permanently still possible play without big issues.

Not sure what trigger chat antiflood, but if send 5 or 6 different messages with delays between each near 1 second, player will see warning message about ban.