Graphics bug

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Salius
Novice
Novice

Graphics bug

Post by Salius »

I found strange graphics bug and I don't know is this bug related to your graphics or to Manaplus client.
When I go from right to left, I see white pixel blinking near my head (see attached screenshot - red arrow point to this pixel). This bug is equipment dependent, I see this not with all equipment. But I think it depends not on one item of equipment, but on items combination. I test different combinations and I can see this bug with some combinations, but can't see with other combinations. This is very strange. For example in Silk Pants I see it, but Silk Pants + Sorcerer Robe - I can't see it, if I change robe to Lazurite I see it again :alt-2:
If you need more information, ask me any questions.
Attachments
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (6.75 KiB) Viewed 3775 times
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Graphics bug

Post by wushin »

https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-cl ... 3c4db37164

We squashed that one here. It will be fixed in the next release.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Post by Kazenawa »

I've also noticed it, maybe this can help.
Donno if the problem is equipment-dependant or haircut-dependent. Here, it seems linked to the haircut, since cat ears doesn't affect the bug appearance.
It happens only when moving to the left.
Attachments
Left move, without cat ears
Left move, without cat ears
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2015-01-11_10-45-59_37.png (6.82 KiB) Viewed 3759 times
Left move, with cat ears
Left move, with cat ears
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2015-01-11_10-45-23_14.png (8.23 KiB) Viewed 3759 times
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

It's equipment-related ;)
The sprite of the Silk Pants had that pixel in one frame.
I already removed it, see the link wushin posted.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Salius
Novice
Novice

Post by Salius »

Cassy wrote:It's equipment-related ;)
The sprite of the Silk Pants had that pixel in one frame.
I already removed it, see the link wushin posted.
Cassy, I have found another incorrect pixel in pants image: third column, seventh row, at top of sprite. This is less visible bug, but you can see it on top of hairless head.
Last edited by Salius on 11 Jan 2015, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
Steingej Eisenserg
Peon
Peon

Post by Steingej Eisenserg »

thats completely my fault thanks for fixing cassy and pointing out sal and kaze.

Salius: the reason you didnt see the excess pixel with sorc robe equipped is that manaplus uses the normal pants sprite instead of the silk pants sprite in case a sorcerer robe is equipped. (this doesnt have any effect on stats, just prevents peak thru graphic - wise)

aloha chay. 8)
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

it is NOT a but with silk pants
It has been doing this ever since I started experimenting with classes (aka race, aka species) and back then I didn't use silk pants
Salius
Novice
Novice

Post by Salius »

While I examine Silk Pants sprite-set, I found many small graphic bugs: on some sprites I can see parts of legs or underwear outside of pants border.