Buggy Servers Protection reset it self

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
SDN
Novice
Novice

Buggy Servers Protection reset it self

Post by SDN »

I'm not sure this is a bug or not. I far as i know, the option "Buggy Servers Protection" in Setup/Misc is should always enabled to prevent being kicked by the server for pressing keys too fast and/or some other server to client related problems. But this happened today (as described in the pictures and it comments). I repeat what I did for 3 times and the problem still occurs . Is it normal?
Attachments
So I enable it as suggested form the main screen of the game.
So I enable it as suggested form the main screen of the game.
bugs1.jpg (85.23 KiB) Viewed 2659 times
But when I do this move especially at north Hurnscald exit. I got kicked.
But when I do this move especially at north Hurnscald exit. I got kicked.
bugs.jpg (222.62 KiB) Viewed 2659 times
When I quit the client and start it again, the "Buggy Server Protection" option has been disabled.
When I quit the client and start it again, the "Buggy Server Protection" option has been disabled.
bugs6.jpg (59.41 KiB) Viewed 2659 times
Knight
Knight

Re: Buggy Servers Protection reset it self

Post by 4144 »

This is per server option. And automatically it enabled only in the mana world. All other server not kicking players.
In last screen you show unchecked option before connected to server, and this is ok.

With bug you mean you enabled this option and still kicked?
SDN
Novice
Novice

Post by SDN »

Yes, I enabled that option and still got kicked.
qwertymodo
Peon
Peon

Post by qwertymodo »

I've seen it reset itself when switching between software/OpenGL, though I haven't really tested the behavior.
SDN
Novice
Novice

Post by SDN »

@4144:
Oh, I forgot to mention that, after disconnected from the server the option wont automatically enabled in TMW main server. I have to enable it again manually after relogin to the server. It is actually disabled by default, if I'm not mistaken. I'm using linux binary version of the client.

@quertymodo:
Oh, I never test that too.

--edited--Ok, I've test it today and it doesn't happen again. Everything is fine now. :alt-3:

--edited--
After Alex told me that he had the same problem, I test it. And this problem does happen again.
Last edited by SDN on 18 Feb 2015, 11:34, edited 1 time in total.
alexander1006
Novice
Novice

Post by alexander1006 »

Me and Arkhen tried again 2 mins ago and we are both disconnected again. We have our buggy protection on so perhaps it's a bug.
I was listening to the ocean,
I saw a face in the sand.
But when I picked it up,
Then it vanished away from my hands.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

alexander1006 wrote:Me and Arkhen tried again 2 mins ago and we are both disconnected again. We have our buggy protection on so perhaps it's a bug.
The server itself is buggy. manaplus tries to solve the problem but the real problem lies in the server and manaplus can't do miracles
SDN
Novice
Novice

Post by SDN »

meko wrote:
alexander1006 wrote:Me and Arkhen tried again 2 mins ago and we are both disconnected again. We have our buggy protection on so perhaps it's a bug.
The server itself is buggy. manaplus tries to solve the problem but the real problem lies in the server and manaplus can't do miracles
I see. Thanks for the confirmation, Meko. I hope this is not a serious bugs and fixed in the new server. :alt-3: