Pets and auto spam ban

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Celestia
Peon
Peon

Pets and auto spam ban

Post by Celestia »

I am not sure if this is a server or a client issue. I just set up the pet move keys in my client and when I was trying to play around with moving my pet around when I ran into problems. When I was holding the pet keys down in the same way as the arrow keys to move my character around I kept on getting disconnected from the server. After getting dropped from the server 3 times in a row I tried moving the pet around with short presses of the pet move buttons. This time instead of getting disconnected I got the warning to stop immediately what I was doing or I would get a spam ban. I have no idea where the bug is but a valid feature in the client should not put a user at risk of getting a spam ban for moving their pet around town.
Knight
Knight

Re: Pets and auto spam ban

Post by 4144 »

Because server very limited in features, and old dev never add new features, pets implimented only client side.
For each pet action client send invisible chat message. But server also have issues with chat antispam and after some time it may see this messages like spam.
Sadly here nothing i can do.
In future server pets implimented in server side.
Celestia
Peon
Peon

Re: Pets and auto spam ban

Post by Celestia »

Thanks for explaining how it works 4144, I can see how that is an unsolvable problem for you. Still you have been a big help as I know that pet movement just has to be limited to very gradually during extended town sitting.