Account Name is In Use... but Isn't

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
LonePaladin
Newly Registered User

Account Name is In Use... but Isn't

Post by LonePaladin »

This morning, I tried to register a new game account, using the same name I'm using on this post (including the use of CamelCase). When I filled in the registration form, it told me the username was already in use.

It's not outside the realm of possibility that I registered in the past, and just forgot. So I used the "forgot password" option to request a password reset. When I entered the username (again, using CamelCase like I usually do), the form told me there isn't an account with that name.

I can't register because the name's in use; I can't reset the password because the name's not being used.

I checked the purge logs in the "usernames are case-sensitive" thread, and came up blank.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Account Name is In Use... but Isn't

Post by gumi »

First of all, there is 3 type of account on tmw:
- Game account
- Wiki/website account
- Forums account

There is no "forgot password" for game accounts. What you clicked is the link for wiki account passwords. You can ask a GM to reset your game password: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17737
LonePaladin
Newly Registered User

Post by LonePaladin »

Thanks, meko. (Coincidentally, my tablet wanted to autocorrect your name to "help".)
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

LonePaladin I replied to the email sent to resets.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.