Manaplus chat window tabs bug

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
wilddawg
Newly Registered User

Manaplus chat window tabs bug

Post by wilddawg »

Manaplus 1.5.3.14

The General tab will disappear from chat window under the following circumstances:

When I first login to game, I have 4 tabs in chat window- General, Debug, Trade, Guild (in that order left to right). After that I go to ManaMarket and whisper to ManaMarket, which opens a fifth tab on the right side for ManaMarket. When the fifth tab appears, there are enough tabs to cause the side scroll arrows to appear to scroll through the 5 tabs. Then I do the following:

(1) Click on the ManaMarket Tab. Click the Right arrow twice to make the General tab completely disappear to the left.
(2) Right click the ManaMarket tab, and choose from the drop list "close".
(3) When I do that, the ManaMarket tab closes (as it should).
(4) Click the left arrow to make General and Debug tabs slide into view. Then both the left and right arrows will disappear, and the General tab will disappear, and sometimes the Debug tab (second from left) disappears also, and no way to click them or to scroll to them. The only tabs that will be remaining visible are Trade and Guild. Sometimes Debug tab (second from left) remains and does not disappear. General tab always disappears this way.

Workaround: When this happens, click any tab that remains, and the others will reappear. Or whisper ManaMarket again or add any new tab, and General tab will reappear.

It is a small problem, but this problem has been in Manaplus for a long time and many versions. I would have reported sooner, but could not find what steps caused this, until now.