launcher error after system changes

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
SDN
Novice
Novice

launcher error after system changes

Post by SDN »

Launcher: any version of "other linux binary" packages

Few hours ago I update my OS and change/reformat swap partition for some reason. Suddenly now the tmw launcher cannot find manaplus file.

Code: Select all

./evol.sh: line 6: ./bin/manaplus: No such file or directory
The directory and manaplus file are not gone. So far other programs work fine. I still have no idea what just happen. Did I miss 32 bit library? Can anyone help me?
Last edited by SDN on 27 Apr 2015, 03:40, edited 1 time in total.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: launcher error after system changes

Post by gumi »

first of all if it says evol.sh then you use the wrong launcher
use the "Manaplus" launcher, not the "The Mana World" or "Evol Online" launcher. If it doesn't work, open a terminal and type "manaplus"
SDN
Novice
Novice

Post by SDN »

Yes, i know. But do you think that's the problem, Meko? Because before updating OS the launcher work just fine. Fyi, i have edited the launcher like this:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash

DIR=$(dirname "$(readlink -f $0)")
cd "$DIR"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$DIR"/libs/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
./bin/manaplus ./data/tmw/tmw.manaplus
It will launch manaplus instead of evol, right? And It was indeed successfully open manaplus before.

Btw, i never have manaplus launcher and did not install the game. I'm using executable binaries provided by "other linux binaries" package downloaded form manaplus.org (i'll put this on version info). Thus, calling manaplus in terminal will results nothing. Hehehe... XD

But alright, i'll try to install the game instead of using executable binary but after i seek out the problem a bit. :P

PS: is manaplus/evol support 64 bit? I did install 64 bit firmware prior to updating OS. But removing it and reinstalling linux generic packages did not fix the problem. Let see what happen if i reinstall the kernel.

Edited:
And, no. Reinstalling the kernel wont fix the problem. lol looks like i mess up something. XD
SDN
Novice
Novice

Post by SDN »

Last resort, I installed manaplus via repository. lol