Problem with Heathin trade

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Rill
Novice
Novice

Problem with Heathin trade

Post by Rill »

Heathin removed 250 coals, 40 terranite ore, and 50,000 gp from my inventory in exchange for terranite chest armor, without asking me if that is what I wanted (it wasn't). Can I get a refund, please?
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Problem with Heathin trade

Post by deepthought »

Aww, that hurts. I don't think this is a bug. He will tell you when you made tear legs to come again for tear chest. Why did you click him anyways ?
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

The real question is why is there no confirmation. Rill says she got the hood and legs years ago and she DID NOT want the chest part. She just talked to the npc and it took the items from her without any kind of yes/no confirmation. It just assumed she wanted a chest armor and stole her materials.

Of course she could sell the chest armor and buy back the materials with the money but all those materials combined are worth more than the chest armor.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Well no refund as Heathin has always worked that way. Wouldn't object to changing Heathins script though.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

She could have clicked heathin by accident. For example, I have a touchscreen and I often accidentally click things.. and my cats sometimes jump over the desk and walk over the keyboard and mouse.. there's many ways that you can accidentally click something. And maybe it wasn't event an accident, maybe she just didn't remember who heathin was because she got her terra legs long ago. I don't think we can blame anyone for a npc that does things without asking, that assumes that you WANT it to do those things
Rill
Novice
Novice

Post by Rill »

This forum post is being made to respectfully appeal the decision stating that I am not entitled to a refund for the unwanted terranite chest armor.

I have been playing TMW for roughly four years now, and have four 90+ level characters. About a year into the game, I purchased a full set of terranite armor. After that, I worked toward acquiring the items for another pair of pants (I did not need another helmet, but it is a prerequisite for the pants), which I got maybe two years back. I neither needed nor wanted an additional chest armor.

After that, I decided it would be a good idea to get a third pair of pants. While obtaining 50,000 gp was not difficult, it took an abundant amount of time to obtain the 40 terranite ore and 300 coals needed for the helmet and pants.

I could not remember which of my characters had previously spoken to and bought from Heathin, but I assumed that when I clicked on him he would present a dialogue with choices. To my great dismay, he did not provide options, nor any opportunity to stop the discussion, before taking the money and items from my inventory. (Here is the line from my computer chat log evidencing the transaction: [14:26] You picked up 1 [@@767|Terranite Chest Armor@@]. For Heathin's dialogue, please see the following link previously cited by Meko: https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-se ... .txt#L207)

It would not be establishing a precedent to rescind the purchase and restore my items and money to me in exchange for what I received, since this has been done before in the game. Please see:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17368&p=134449#p134449

In that instance, Saint Tropez clicked on an NPC and inadvertently sold his Lazurite Robe. Like in the present case, Saint Tropez had no intention of parting with his item. After some discussion, the majority decision of the TMWC was that, in the interests of fairness and justice, Saint Tropez' robe should be returned to him as long as he gave back the money he received for it.

In the same interests of fairness and justice, I hereby request that the transaction in which I received an unwanted terranite chest armor be rescinded. I will gladly exchange the terranite chest armor for the return of my 40 terranite ore, 300 coals, and 50,000 gp.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

- Rill
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Selling a rare to a shop is different than turning in a quest. It's a far more involved process to undo.
Rill
Novice
Novice

Post by Rill »

wushin wrote:Selling a rare to a shop is different than turning in a quest. It's a far more involved process to undo.
Nevertheless, from a player's perspective, the result is the same: an unanticipated and unwanted transaction.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Maybe, but it's also a slippery slope to Cindy and Illia reset asks.
Rill
Novice
Novice

Post by Rill »

wushin wrote:Maybe, but it's also a slippery slope to Cindy and Illia reset asks.
Except that the Cindy and Illia quests do not involve purchase-and-sale transactions.
Rill
Novice
Novice

Post by Rill »

Please know that a satisfactory sale of the terranite chest armor has been privately arranged, so I consider this matter settled.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Rill wrote:Please know that a satisfactory sale of the terranite chest armor has been privately arranged, so I consider this matter settled.
Glad to know you could arrrage things ;)
Just to let you know, even though this is kind of solved now, we still talk about what to do in such cases.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy