[bug?] I remember you, Unknown Item person. No more treats..

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

[bug?] I remember you, Unknown Item person. No more treats..

Post by Hello=) »

I've noticed Halloween quest is in progress.

What I did:
1) Talked to "jack-o" tree who told me about halloween, etc.
2) I've equipped Pumpkin Helmet (item ID 615) with my usual outfit.
3) Talked to nurse as she was one of NPCs in the list jack-o tree gave to me.

Result:
Really odd NPC conversation, "I remember you, Unknown Item person. No more treats for you!"
See attached screenshot. Not sure what I'm supposed to do, but I can swear I see a bug...
Attachments
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2015-10-19_02-59-51_2.png
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2015-10-19_02-59-51_2.png (120.87 KiB) Viewed 2122 times
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: [bug?] I remember you, Unknown Item person. No more trea

Post by gumi »

I see the problem:

Code: Select all

mes "\"I remember you, " + getitemlink(getequipid(equip_head)) + " person. No more treats for you!\"";
should be:

Code: Select all

mes "\"I remember you, [@@" + getequipid(equip_head) + "|@@] person. No more treats for you!\"";
This is because getitemlink was never meant to work with IDs. It is instead used to get the link when you do not know the ID of an item (only have the name). When you have the id you should use @@ID|@@

I will make a Pull Request to fix the problem
Last edited by gumi on 19 Oct 2015, 22:11, edited 1 time in total.
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

There is also some logic issue: I haven't talked to nurse before about halloween quest, at least during this year.

So I'm not really sure why she "remembers me" at all. This is strange and seems to be some logic failure or quest flags failure? Sure, I did halloween quests at some previous years. But I thought these are repeatable once per year, aren't they?
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

t3st3r wrote:There is also some logic issue: I haven't talked to nurse before about halloween quest, at least during this year.

So I'm not really sure why she "remembers me" at all. This is strange and seems to be some logic failure or quest flags failure? Sure, I did halloween quests at some previous years. But I thought these are repeatable once per year, aren't they?
She does not remember *you*, she remembers someone that had the pumpkin helmet and thinks it's you (it works this way on purpose)
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

meko wrote:She does not remember *you*, she remembers someone that had the pumpkin helmet and thinks it's you (it works this way on purpose)
Ahh, okay, thanks for explaination. It seems I've got confused by this message way too much :)