Strange Confringo Bug

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Strange Confringo Bug

Post by deepthought »

I don't know if anyone has noticed but whenever your do confringo when not attacking monsters and then kill monster and after that you do confringo again you return to the position when you first did confringo. I sit, have full mana, do confringo, attack monster near by, and do confringo again which makes me sit in same position. Is this bug or some feature for confringo users ?.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
Proton
Peon
Peon

Re: Strange Confringo Bug

Post by Proton »

it's worse.
If you do confrigo, you get stucked with the wand, and can't use other weapons.
If your mana runs out, you are stuck unable to do damage.
If you try to equip a weapon, the gui sais you equipped it. But you can see your character still wielding the wand and not using the other weapon.

If you die, it gets unstuck.
If you relog, it gets unstuck.
Trying to cast other spells, doesn't seam to help.

(linux Mint 17.3, client 1.6.1.2)
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

I've experienced this bug. It looks like when you cast #confringo after killing a monster the code assumes the direction from combat for the spells cast direction. I couldn't get it to sit again on me though.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

This happens with all war magic spells.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
omatt
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by omatt »

Weapons and glove stay with the spell.

If i use ingrav with set mage, and remove my set mage for being nacked, my wooden staff and my silk glove stay on me. But it's just appearance. In true (in stats), i really remove all my items, that stay on me just in appearance.
Me, i use #chipchip on a monster for remove my current spell, and after i change my wear, that work. But, it's like use merbromin on a wooden leg.

But it's not really the same bug of the first post. More this bug : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19038

Good luck !
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Proton wrote:it's worse.
If you do confrigo, you get stucked with the wand, and can't use other weapons.
If your mana runs out, you are stuck unable to do damage.
If you try to equip a weapon, the gui sais you equipped it. But you can see your character still wielding the wand and not using the other weapon.

If you die, it gets unstuck.
If you relog, it gets unstuck.
Trying to cast other spells, doesn't seam to help.

(linux Mint 17.3, client 1.6.1.2)
Casting another similar spell helps.
I usually cast #ingrav since the hits you can deal with it are limited and after #ingrav is over you have your weapon back.
#chiza should work the same way, didn't try it yet.

But yes, a way to end #confingo would be very helpful indeed.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Proton
Peon
Peon

Post by Proton »

I wanted to use mainly archery and some magic.
This is quite annoying here.

Now that i think about it. I see mages from time to time that wield "?". I don't remember exactly what it said, they wield some "unidentified object" and a question mark instead of a picture for the weapon, i think. I suspect this is part of the bug.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Proton wrote:Now that i think about it. I see mages from time to time that wield "?". I don't remember exactly what it said, they wield some "unidentified object" and a question mark instead of a picture for the weapon, i think. I suspect this is part of the bug.
IIRC you see a mage's equipped weapon even when they cast #confingo, #ingrav or #chiza.
Rather sounds to me like you need to update your client data cause it misses an item icon.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Proton
Peon
Peon

Post by Proton »

I have the newest client.

I see the "?" whatever symbol, when i'm seeing their equipment, not simply as they walk around .
Micksha
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Micksha »

Another issue I just noticed on the Confringo:

If I have confringo active and change from wooden staff to wand, the stats change but the visible sprite for wooden staff doesnt change to wand.
Its maybe linked to the weapon change issue while Confringo is active, too.

- Mick
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

you need to completely discharge the spell, and then cast again in order to see the new sprite