Blue arrow

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
alefex2
Newly Registered User

Blue arrow

Post by alefex2 »

I can click on the arrow, nothing happens
Knight
Knight

Re: Blue arrow

Post by 4144 »

This is you add this arrow.

This arrows allow quick walking on map.
Press f12 to open social window, select nav tab, and you will see warps and your arrows.
By clicking on warp or arrow, you start walking to it.

For set/remove arrow, go to position where you want set/remove it and press 5 on numpad.

Also you can move to any warp/arrow by pressing at same time right shift+hot key what you can see on warp or arrow.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Using navigation or any kind of automated task for moving is considered as botting.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
monwarez
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by monwarez »

deepthought wrote:Using navigation or any kind of automated task for moving is considered as botting.
According to games rules, it's not allowed to do AFK activities nor automated following, nor using a bot. Using a bot mean that you use an external program that interact with manaplus , so functionality in manaplus could not be considered as bot.
For the automated following it's when you char following someone who move. So using navigation could not be considered as bot(as long as you stay at your keyboard and see your screen).
I suppose that https://www.themanaworld.org/index.php/Game_Rules is updated.
Altus Institute
Novice
Novice

Post by Altus Institute »

deepthought wrote:Using navigation or any kind of automated task for moving is considered as botting.
Since when using navigation is considered as botting?
Can you give us a link where you read this rule?
Perhaps i missed something or perhaps its a "today rules", idk you seems to know well your subject, please share yours lights with us.
19:24:32 wushin So, can you do something?
19:24:52 Altus I can do nothing.
19:25:07 wushin So you are highly capable of doing nothing?
19:25:20 Altus yerp =D
19:25:31 wushin Crap, im only highly capable of doing something...=/
19:25:34 cassy Its ok wu-wu, we all needs to start somewhere...
19:25:43 deepthought wtf
19:25:46 wushin .....
19:25:52 cassy *pokes* deepthought
Ange Alus Banshee User
Remus Bull Rager Warrior Lv99
Maulne Bull Rager Warrior
Basilic Lazurite Dark Speed Mage
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

veryape wrote:
deepthought wrote:Just to clear up, although SD said that I never brought any of my mules to Cindy cave. I live in other side of world. If two of my characters are online, I have bad ping. I only login with two characters if only I need exchange stuff.

How about this ? I have two characters going to somewhere using navigation at same time. Is this also boting ?
Yes, auto-walking / auto-following if you are not controlling the chars by hand is considered botting.

If you have two characters that are active at the same time you are botting. That is the rule of thumb judgement at least I make. However because we like to keep things complicated we don't care if someone is autofollowing their own alts in town just for fun etc - not because it isn't against the letter of the law but because it isn't against the sentiment of the law.

Those interpretations is made by GM's as it they see things happen. I've myself told people to stop using autofollow to always have a healing mage at hand etc. We gm's discuss matters that we feel uncertain about with the other gm's before we act and we try ask advice from eachother. We are here to make the game fair and fun for everyone.

So if a GM asks you not to do something please listen to them, we are trying to behave to the best of our capabilities and we don't think it is an automatic success-story to smack someone with the banhammer.

Sorry for not making things crystal clear - but I think those are considerations we make.

If someone is clearly botting to gain an unfair advantage though we will strike down to the letter of the law.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

Here is a technique for you to figure out whether something you do is botting or not:
Will you pass a botcheck while doing x? if the answer is yes it isn't botting.

"AFK botting will be determined by talking to players who are moving and/or attacking. Automated following will be determined by observation."

Since auto follow was allowed in the past, we warn the player before acting. But the rule applies here too, if we see suspicious bot/automated behavior, we'll start a botcheck if you fail to pass it, it will be considered afk botting.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
Altus Institute
Novice
Novice

Post by Altus Institute »

deepthought wrote:
veryape wrote:
deepthought wrote:Just to clear up, although SD said that I never brought any of my mules to Cindy cave. I live in other side of world. If two of my characters are online, I have bad ping. I only login with two characters if only I need exchange stuff.

How about this ? I have two characters going to somewhere using navigation at same time. Is this also boting ?
Yes, auto-walking / auto-following if you are not controlling the chars by hand is considered botting.

If you have two characters that are active at the same time you are botting. That is the rule of thumb judgement at least I make.
Ty about this quote.
But your question was clearly about 2 characters playing at the same time.
Not about one char/player using navigation system.

Since mana+ is a related tmw project, can you tell me why 4144 would add some features that he knew will be considered like botting by gm?
perhaps we can play mana+ for warcraft or diablo, i never tried.
If the mana+ features make players as botter why they are still in the client?
Can we use mana+ client for cooking? fishing?
I ask, i never thought to try this kind of using.

Ah if i make a thread about i will be consider as a troll/complainer.... :lol: ty wushin to help us to dig the project grave.
19:24:32 wushin So, can you do something?
19:24:52 Altus I can do nothing.
19:25:07 wushin So you are highly capable of doing nothing?
19:25:20 Altus yerp =D
19:25:31 wushin Crap, im only highly capable of doing something...=/
19:25:34 cassy Its ok wu-wu, we all needs to start somewhere...
19:25:43 deepthought wtf
19:25:46 wushin .....
19:25:52 cassy *pokes* deepthought
Ange Alus Banshee User
Remus Bull Rager Warrior Lv99
Maulne Bull Rager Warrior
Basilic Lazurite Dark Speed Mage