Client's Connections Blocked?

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
SDN
Novice
Novice

Client's Connections Blocked?

Post by SDN »

TMW Client: manaplus 1.6.4.9 (other linux binary version)

It might not be a bug in tmw, but I just want to let you know about this. I did update Ubuntu to the latest version 16.04 today (GMT+7) and suddenly Manaplus client from http://download.evolonline.org/manaplus ... ux.tar.bz2 can't connect to the net anymore. Also the client seems can't find or use ALSA properly.

I'm going to install Manaplus from Ubuntu repository next time. Let's hope nothing would go wrong with it. :alt-0:
SDN
Novice
Novice

Re: Client's Connections Blocked?

Post by SDN »

Ok, i found the solutions about network problem. Looks like serverlistplus.xml in manaplus directory was generating wrong/blocked server IP address. I'm able to connect with tmw server by changing it into the correct one.

(edited) Nope, i can't maintain the connection with server.themanaworld.org :alt-=:

I haven't try any workaround about ALSA problem. I'll try to look to it as i can. :alt-0:

Btw, this is the output from command line:

Code: Select all

ALSA lib confmisc.c:674:(snd_determine_driver) could not open control for card 0
ALSA lib conf.c:2714:(snd_config_hooks_call) function snd_config_hook_load_for_all_cards returned error: Invalid argument
ALSA lib confmisc.c:674:(snd_determine_driver) could not open control for card 0
ALSA lib conf.c:3513:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_card_driver returned error: Invalid argument
ALSA lib confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
ALSA lib conf.c:3513:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: Invalid argument
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1251:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
ALSA lib conf.c:3513:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: Invalid argument
ALSA lib conf.c:3985:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: Invalid argument
ALSA lib pcm.c:2144:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.default
MAF-Apane
Novice
Novice

Post by MAF-Apane »

I can t connect too ! No servers available.
SDN
Novice
Novice

Post by SDN »

MAF-Apane wrote:I can t connect too ! No servers available.
For the time being I'm able to play TMW with Manaplus from Ubuntu repository. You might want to try that or compile Manaplus from the source code.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

pretty sure that's just because of the server crashes
SDN
Novice
Novice

Post by SDN »

meko wrote:pretty sure that's just because of the server crashes
Probably yes, or not. Up to this moment I'm able to enter server.themanaworld.org, via web browser and see some players online, but manaplus outside ubuntu repo can't connect to the IP address that shows in serverlistplus.xml
Last edited by SDN on 23 Apr 2016, 23:00, edited 1 time in total.
monwarez
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by monwarez »

SDN wrote:
meko wrote:pretty sure that's just because of the server crashes
Probably yes, or not. Up to this moment I'm able to enter server.themanaworld.org, via web browser and see some players online, but manaplus can't connect to the IP address (167.114.185.71) that shows in serverlistplus.xml
Have you tried to do some

telnet server.themanaworld.org 6901

telnet server.themanaworld.org 6122

telnet server.themanaworld.org 5122
Because for me I get the IP 167.114.129.72 for hosting.themanaworld.org
SDN
Novice
Novice

Post by SDN »

I've tried that IP but can't maintain connections to other servers (char, game, etc). :D
monwarez
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by monwarez »

So you can connect but you get disconnected after a short period ?
Maybe try

traceroute hosting.themanaworld.org
SDN
Novice
Novice

Post by SDN »

monwarez wrote:So you can connect but you get disconnected after a short period ?
Yes, i can connect to server.themanaworld.org, submit wrong password for testing and got replied, but when the client tried to update it halts for some seconds and then disconnected. I think the problem is not only in server side, or perhaps not at all. Because I'm able to connect with the game using manaplus from ubuntu repo with the same IP without problems.
monwarez
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by monwarez »

I suppose that you are not using build from source client ?
Maybe because of the upgrade to 16.04 LTS, they have some library binary interface change that prevent manaplus (from the link you give earlier) to connect and download update
SDN
Novice
Novice

Post by SDN »

monwarez wrote:I suppose that you are not using build from source client ?
Maybe because of the upgrade to 16.04 LTS, they have some library binary interface change that prevent manaplus (from the link you give earlier) to connect and download update
I was using the binary version from the link i posted above, it is from manaplus.org, and no, i was too lazy to compile manaplus from source just to test it. Yeah, maybe because the update. Let's just wait for 4144 or devs to took into it (or not). :alt-0:
monwarez
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by monwarez »

Spoiler:
By the way, do all linux distribution have easy ways to get software and dependency building from source ? I know emerge from gentoo (If I am not wrong) .
Done xD
Last edited by monwarez on 23 Apr 2016, 23:49, edited 1 time in total.
SDN
Novice
Novice

Post by SDN »

Umm, I don't know. Debian and arch based are quite easy for me so far, tho I'm just regular user and rarely build anything from source. I never tried other distro. But, hey. I think this thread it's kinda starting out of topics and oneliner, don't let NitayandaRama see this. :lol:
samogo84
Newly Registered User

Post by samogo84 »

it happens also in ubuntu 15.10. when i update the client :(

I uninstall the mana+ ... delete the folder... install it again but the same error :(

I will try another server :(
Last edited by samogo84 on 24 Apr 2016, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.