[SOLVED] Stuck on quest - Chef Gado/Julia

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
ddrichards
Peon
Peon

[SOLVED] Stuck on quest - Chef Gado/Julia

Post by ddrichards »

Hi,

On my own test server, running on Ubuntu 16.04 64bit, I cannot get past the quest concerning Chef Gado and Julia. The necessary dialog box does not pop up for Julia after getting the poisoned dish from the Chef. Ideas?

Thanks!

Dan
Last edited by ddrichards on 03 Dec 2016, 17:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Re: Stuck on quest - Chef Gado/Julia

Post by Reid »

Thank you for your report, I fixed that issue on the test server once you told me about it, the fix is on this merge request https://gitlab.com/evol/serverdata/merge_requests/59 .
If you could test it there and tell me if everything is fine, I will make sure it is merged fast into the master branch.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
ddrichards
Peon
Peon

Post by ddrichards »

I apologize, but I am a complete noob when it comes to this development work. Still learning. How would I go about implementing this fix? I tried finding a tutorial or something about merging it, but no luck so far.

Thanks again!
ddrichards
Peon
Peon

Post by ddrichards »

Ok, I downloaded the fix and when I start the map server, I get the following:

Code: Select all

[Error]: npc_parsesrcfile: Unable to parse, probably a missing TAB in file 'npc/000-2-0/julia.txt', line '35'. Skipping line...
 * w1=000-2-0,27,24,0 script
 * w2=Julia
 * w3=NPC_JULIA,2,10,{
 * w4=
[Error]: npc_parsesrcfile: Unable to parse, probably a missing TAB in file 'npc/000-2-0/julia.txt', line '37'. Skipping line...
 * w1=function
 * w2=ynMenu
 * w3={
 * w4=
[Error]: npc_parsesrcfile: Unknown syntax in file 'npc/000-2-0/julia.txt', line '38'. Stopping...
 * w1=if (select(l("Yes, I do."), l("No, none.")) == 1) {
 * w2=
 * w3=
 * w4=
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

You replaced some tabs by spaces when you copied the diff. :)
Function declaration are spaced by tabs, so lines 25, 37, 44, 55, etc... have to use tabs instead of spaces.
It should have happened when you copied the script from your web browser, you can click on the "raw" button to have a correct copy of the script (with tabs instead of spaces).

Although, I recommend you to test the MR on the official test server, see if everything is running fine. If everything is fixed, write it here and we will merge the request into the master branch, and then you will be able to pull the change easily. :)
ddrichards wrote:I apologize, but I am a complete noob when it comes to this development work. Still learning.
We all learned by tweaking and breaking different stuff, don't worry about it!
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
ddrichards
Peon
Peon

Post by ddrichards »

Tested successfully. Thanks!