server

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
andrew

server

Post by andrew »

Will a copy of the mana world server also be released? Or is the client and tileset editor the only things to be relased?
Sull
Novice
Novice

Post by Sull »

ur server is GPLed there just no link on the webpage,but it would be a great idea to add it
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

I know how you feel, anyway the server is changing quite everyday so it's hard to make a release of it, if you need it I can send you it by email, but surely it will get out of sync with the client in a couple of days.
Shura
Novice
Novice

Post by Shura »

Elven Programmer wrote:I know how you feel, anyway the server is changing quite everyday so it's hard to make a release of it, if you need it I can send you it by email, but surely it will get out of sync with the client in a couple of days.
i think this is mostly because Chetic and Neorice are working on new maps or improving olf ones by adding new stuff, so only these change frequently. i suggest a similar system to the daily snapshots of TMW that produces a package of the data dirs and config files for the server on a daily basis. the server itself should have a module on the CVS in my opinion.

by the way, it would be a good idea to not only make a package for the server datafiles but for the client files as well, wouldn't it? :roll:
Don't argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Yeah great ideas Alex, what we need it's only time and space to do that...