[BUG] Hercules Release

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

[BUG] Hercules Release

Post by Reid »

With the approaching official release of the Hercules server, and the number of issue during the pre-release, it could be good to report most little issue on that thread, so that we keep a trace of everything.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Re: [BUG] Hercules Release

Post by Reid »

Here are some basic issue from what we saw today:
- Strength is too powerful (Damage attack is too high)
- Problem of desync when we sit (If you sit and move, the server will desync you, you will have to stand up before to move)
- Quest variables were reset (Need to redo every quests) (won't be changed)
- Instant heal from items (most healing item heal you directly, there're no delay)
- Item 501 is dead (Unused item, but it's giving an error on Alige's script)
- Evol2 server type (Need to change the server type to Evol2, or to remove Evol server from the server list and reload it)
- "Too many player online" error (After an unsuccessful login the server will give a random error complaining that the server is full, it isn't)
- No catalan translation
- Can't sell to NPCs
-- Ford Prefect
Salius
Novice
Novice

Post by Salius »

Some bugs:
- Impossible to sell any items to NPC!
- When attacked monster moving, he continue moving some time after first damage, only after short time he return to attack me.
- Pet Piou looks like respawn every time when you go through warp.
- Small graphics bug (look to the Croc on a screenshot)
Attachments
bug.png
bug.png (10.84 KiB) Viewed 3990 times
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Salius wrote:Some bugs:
- Impossible to sell any items to NPC!
- When attacked monster moving, he continue moving some time after first damage, only after short time he return to attack me.
- Pet Piou looks like respawn every time when you go through warp.
- Small graphics bug (look to the Croc on a screenshot)
First is known, I'm still unsure of how to fix it, it seems like 4144 had somehow an idea, but I didn't see anything since.
About second, it also happens when a monster die, I wonder if this little lag was intended, but there's nothing clean that we can apparently do on a short time.
Third seems to be intended this way, but I would like that 4144 changes his mind about it (it's not critical anyway).
Last is manaplus bug.
-- Ford Prefect
Salius
Novice
Novice

Post by Salius »

Of course all of this bugs not critical or important except first. First bug is really critical. Bug with pet is not a really bug for me, it doesn't bother me.
What about second: previous version had not this bug (may be other bugs, but not this one). It's looks like a regression in new version alt26 May be this bug is not very important, but this is really bug. It should be fixed.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Just a little bump, I removed some bugs that 4144 corrected, (some changes are still to be pushed).

Though, we might not correct item heal right now, it seems that Hercules does the instant heal by default... I couldn't find any viable solution, so I hope that 4144 will work on a plugin for Hercules about it.
About the selling issue, it seems that the new kind of shop that we use is still new, it will be fixed before the release, but here again, I let 4144 try to find a better solution than a revert.

I activated a simple mob AI and fixed the crocotree's death skill.
And for the death and attack delay, Hercules seems to have a reason for that that I don't yet understand...
-- Ford Prefect
Salius
Novice
Novice

Post by Salius »

Sell to NPC is fixed! :D
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Most issue are corrected, it's good to see that. :)
I sadly don't have much free time until the end of the next week, I will work more on the strength/stat problem to be sure that everything is clean.
-- Ford Prefect