Password reset

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Raffe
Novice
Novice

Password reset

Post by Raffe »

Hello...
We (me and my son) is having trouble to log in after changing our passwords in early March.
We did try various combinations - also the case-sensitive ones.
Then we tried to get a pw-reset twice - without succes or response from "support page".
We are not sure which email-adress we used for making our accounts back in 2009...
But we have informations of anything else, and its not that we havent played for years - Raffe was online in March 2017.

We would appreciate it if someone could help us out here.
Thanks
Raffe & Seppejam
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: Password reset

Post by prsm »

have you sent an email to themanaworld.reset@gmail.com?

Prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Raffe
Novice
Novice

Post by Raffe »

hi prsm...

Sorry for my late answer.
No I didnt - according to support-page the email-adress were : passwords@themanaworld.org.
but I will try that now - thank you.
fearme
Peon
Peon

Post by fearme »

so send that email address with your account name? or a message about it?
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

I think the @themanaworld address might be an alias for the @gmail access, in that case they would both work. Is this not the case? (@prsm?) If it isn't I'll correct the info on the support page.

TMW Team member

fearme
Peon
Peon

Post by fearme »

Well I tried no answer from either on and it's been a week. I would really like to play tho lol last time I was on I was up to lvl 95
Raffe
Novice
Novice

Post by Raffe »

I got no replies either :(
Raffe
Novice
Novice

Post by Raffe »

Now I have tried theese email-adresses to get my passreset - without succes or reply from anyone.

passwords@themanaworld.org
themanaworld.reset@gmail.com
passwordreset@evolonline.org

I know of no others.

Did you know that it is normal procedure to change passwords now and then ?
Sometimes this does cause users to have troubles to re-enter.
And usually they can get help.

So for calling others nasty names, cheating in different ways and trying to lure other peoples accounts you can get banned from the manaworld.
Changing a password seems to be a crime too, from which you are banned permanently :(

So it seems I am out - sadly.
I guess that all there is left is to say thanks to all the people who made TMW such a good game (but NOT the ones behind pw-reset), and to all the players that i likes to meet now and then in there.
I am sorry, but I dont feel like starting all over with a new account - I have one in evol which i will pop in over now and then too see how things are going and if anyone else comes there anymore.

Goodbye (I think) :alt-4:
best regards
Raffe
Speiros
Novice
Novice
Location: Born in Candor, living as a nomad around Tulimshar and Woodland areas.

Post by Speiros »

Hi Raffe.
I know it's no comfort mate, but you're not the only one...if that helps. Hopefully someone IS there, but I don't know. Sometimes life events literally throw people out of the way of things they were involved in without their control, and things get lost. I lost access to my email accounts and even my business accounts thanks to this kind of thing in the past, so I know it's awkward. It may come around, and may not. If you enjoy the game, play it for fun again, and if your old account is made, man, you'll have all your gear. If not, you can re-establish contact with your old mates on here at least, and play the game. Sorry you're having trouble, and yes, it should be fixed. Hopefully it will, but maybe it won't. Best wishes man.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

I apologise for this. We only have a limited number of people who work on the project and only a few of those are admins. All have been inactive due to real life committments and unfortunately they have had this all at the same time. We have no paid employees so when this sort of thing happens we can only wait and hope someone comes back. They usually do.

TMW Team member

Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

Raffe wrote:Now I have tried theese email-adresses to get my passreset - without succes or reply from anyone.

passwords@themanaworld.org
themanaworld.reset@gmail.com
passwordreset@evolonline.org

I know of no others.

Did you know that it is normal procedure to change passwords now and then ?
Sometimes this does cause users to have troubles to re-enter.
And usually they can get help.

So for calling others nasty names, cheating in different ways and trying to lure other peoples accounts you can get banned from the manaworld.
Changing a password seems to be a crime too, from which you are banned permanently :(

So it seems I am out - sadly.
I guess that all there is left is to say thanks to all the people who made TMW such a good game (but NOT the ones behind pw-reset), and to all the players that i likes to meet now and then in there.
I am sorry, but I dont feel like starting all over with a new account - I have one in evol which i will pop in over now and then too see how things are going and if anyone else comes there anymore.

Goodbye (I think) :alt-4:
best regards
Raffe
If you cant read incoming mails, this is not our issue.
You had response at same day. And normally your password cant be resent, because you not have email assigned. But you not responded...
Raffe
Novice
Novice

Post by Raffe »

ok thanks for answering.
I am sorry but I dont get it...

I did not recieve any reply regarding pw-reset.
I send more than one to several adresses - so which one was the one you replied from ?
was it : passwords@themanaworld.org
or : themanaworld.reset@gmail.com
or : passwordreset@evolonline.org

No it is not your problem if I cant read incoming emails.
But in my email requesting a pw-reset i told that i could not remember what (if any?) email-adress i used to make the two accounts for more than eight years ago was.
I gave some possible email-adresses and told which of them now is abandoned.
If you picked one of the abandoned ones to reply at - then that is the reason why i did not respond.
But you say i have no email assigned - so i would like to know which adress you responded at ?
Or just a few letters of it if nothing else.

No matter what
I can proove that i made the two accounts because i know all details about the content :
account-names, former pw, players, levels, colors, possesions...
No other player would know this - i can answer allmost any question.

So the question is simple : will you help us, or are we just out ?

thank you for your time
best regards
Raffe
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

In the past, and I am sure this will remain constant, an email will be sent only to the email account registered with the username.

If you no longer have access (or remember that account) that's out of our control.

It's the only way we can truly be sure it's going to the correct player.

Prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

Raffe wrote:ok thanks for answering.
I am sorry but I dont get it...

I did not recieve any reply regarding pw-reset.
Again you should get reply.
Please check your spam folder, if no mails in inbox.
Or may be you configured filters to remove some mails?
Raffe
Novice
Novice

Post by Raffe »

no replies yet (and no spamfilter) - I am loosing hope really fast now...

4144 you say :
"You had response at same day. And normally your password cant be resent, because you not have email assigned. But you not responded..."
What do you mean by "because you not have email assigned" ?
If there is no email assigned - how can you respond to me "same day" (and expect to get an answer) ?
This is what i do not understand.

Can you at least tell me if you get an "delivery status notification (failure)" - on the email you sent me ?

Regarding my password :
Would it be an issue to use like 1234Abcde$) as a password ?

best regards
Raffe