The Package Appears To Be Corrupt for 1.8.12.8.apk

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
jesusalva
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Package Appears To Be Corrupt for 1.8.12.8.apk

Post by jesusalva »

PS. Remember to (manually) grant storage permission to the app. It's a NaCl build and NaCl has been deprecated since forever so no, I don't think this will get fixed.

(And Jhon H already said that but this is the most common issue and thread got bumped, so I'll repeat as I can't really make heads or tails of the original posts)

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
kirito
Newly Registered User

Post by kirito »

sorry..but the first few posts in this thread are kinda funny. when i read them, i can't help but laugh. And how Jesusalva replied in points in the second post was the best part. sorry for laughing..

Hello=)
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Hello=) »

Hmm? NaCl is a restricted runtime environment once supported by Google Chrome (i.e. web browser) to run binary programs in a way similar to native applications - but inside Chrome. Someone (Matto?) even used this strange thing eventually. It somewhat sandboxes and virtualises OS though, providing virtualized facilities rather than direct OS access. Actually these are compiled programs, though later PNaCl gone for "abstract" LLVM bytecode rather than native platform code that is converted to native code prior to running it much like clang does with intermediate code transform during compilation.

I've got impression M+ only been using that thing to distribute via google chrome addons store - as long as google supported this option. And I've got impression M+ for android is more or less native build, that got nothing to do with that "NaCl" thing at all. I guess it needs something like NDK to build as native program, many games do it like this. I can't find mention of NaCl in anything related to Android. Maybe someone can show me that part in code, once and for all? I'm not android expert but still curious where this odd idea comes from.

immaki
Newly Registered User

Post by immaki »

:? :? :? :? kinemaster mods some hard lines by Hello that i didn't get.