Installing Tiled Mapeditor on Windows XP

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
St_Lavrionne
Peon
Peon

Installing Tiled Mapeditor on Windows XP

Post by St_Lavrionne »

Hi man!
Well after I got messed up my computer, now i came again.
Im using Windows XP, and im trying to install "Tiled Map Editor". The only thing i found its a Source and a Binary file. So you can use only with Linux.
The question: Is there a version for Win XP?
Im waiting for a response.
I want to do some maps.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

One of the best features of Java is that you can run Java applications on almost every platform. So to answer your question, get the binary version, try to run it and surprise.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Tiled requires the latest java runtime environment. When you just reinstalled you system it is possible that it isn't installed yet:

http://www.java.com/download/

When you have installed the JRE you should be able to start tiled with a doubleclick on "Tiled.jar".
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
St_Lavrionne
Peon
Peon

Looking for Tilesets

Post by St_Lavrionne »

Thanks man! I gotcha
You know, I worked with RPG Maker 2000, 2003 and XP. So i have the "Chipsets" or the famous Tilesets. Could I use those Tilesets? or should I use those from the program? And where i could get more of them?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

No, please don't use tilesets that aren't made for TMW. Especially not the overused RPGMaker tiles. Besides the style discrepancies there are legal issues when using tilesets of unknown copyright status.

Please read http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?t=2617 to find out how you can get the tmw tilesets. When you need any tiles you don't find in the tmw tilesets then please request them on the graphic development board.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
St_Lavrionne
Peon
Peon

=) Thanks

Post by St_Lavrionne »

Yeah it's seems... illegal.
Thanks anyway. I'll looking forward to it