Bug list (win ver.0.0.23) Win XP Home SP2

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Bug list (win ver.0.0.23) Win XP Home SP2

Post by blackrazor »

Comp:
Pentium 4 2.6GHz
480 Mb RAM
10 Gb free HDD
ASUS motherboard, SiS 32 Mb integrated graphics
Win XP Home SP2

Mana:
Window installer 0.0.23

0) The "Spider / Treaure Key / Short Sword" quest appears glitched for me. I'm level 40, and a higher level player, who had already completed the quest, helped me kill a spider. The key dropped from the spider, and I picked it up. I tried the Treasure Chest NPC, and got this dialog tree:

(Chest) Would you try to open it?
Yup
It seems that this is not the right key ...

Also, if I drop the key on the floor, it vanishes completely, instead of appearing on the floor.

1) When I add Vitality, Defence will not visually update, until I switch maps.

2) Light Plate's description shows def 14, even though it gives def 25. I think the armor value for Chainmail (same new town store) has a similar descriptive error, as well.

3) In the lamp-snake cave, the targetting display can be masked by the "black brick road tiles" that occasionally overlay the regular brown ground.

4) When I cash monster points for prizes, various items in inventory will appear to visually vanish, such as Light Plate, Silk Headband, etc. It's a visual glitch, and switching maps will restore the items back to visible status. The items still appear equipped on my character sprite (paperdolled) and in equipment menu, they only vanish from inventory menu during this visual glitch. At the time, I had exactly 32 items in inventory (4 full rows), if that is any help at all.

5) It is possible to attack much more frequently than normal, by holding the ctrl key while alternating the arrow movement keys. I'm not sure if this behavior is intended or not. Bug or feature, you decide. :) It sort of reminded me of "k-styling" in Gunz, for any of you that have that experience.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Bug list (win ver.0.0.23) Win XP Home SP2

Post by Crush »

blackrazor wrote:0) The "Spider / Treaure Key / Short Sword" quest appears glitched for me. I'm level 40, and a higher level player, who had already completed the quest, helped me kill a spider. The key dropped from the spider, and I picked it up. I tried the Treasure Chest NPC, and got this dialog tree:

(Chest) Would you try to open it?
Yup
It seems that this is not the right key ...

Also, if I drop the key on the floor, it vanishes completely, instead of appearing on the floor.
That quest is a bit poorly scripted. You need three keys in your inventory to open the chest. That the keys vanish when they are dropped shouldn't happen AFAIK. Is it possible to reproduce this?
The attribute handling and communication is rewritten from scratch on the new server, so this is quite a no-issue.
2) Light Plate's description shows def 14, even though it gives def 25. I think the armor value for Chainmail (same new town store) has a similar descriptive error, as well.
Yes, you are right about that. Seems like another communication issue between client development and server administration like that headband issue.
3) In the lamp-snake cave, the targetting display can be masked by the "black brick road tiles" that occasionally overlay the regular brown ground.
Happens everywhere where the fringe layer is used for floor details.
4) When I cash monster points for prizes, various items in inventory will appear to visually vanish, such as Light Plate, Silk Headband, etc. It's a visual glitch, and switching maps will restore the items back to visible status. The items still appear equipped on my character sprite (paperdolled) and in equipment menu, they only vanish from inventory menu during this visual glitch. At the time, I had exactly 32 items in inventory (4 full rows), if that is any help at all.
This isn't the first report about items in the inventory becoming invisible. Unfortunately it seems to happen quite rarely. none of the reports we received about it has a detailed descriptions how to reproduce it. Anyway, the inventory code has been rewritten in the 0.1 version, too.
5) It is possible to attack much more frequently than normal, by holding the ctrl key while alternating the arrow movement keys. I'm not sure if this behavior is intended or not. Bug or feature, you decide. :) It sort of reminded me of "k-styling" in Gunz, for any of you that have that experience.
No, it is not supposed to be that way. But the problem is server-sided. So we can't fix it easily. The problem won't occur on the new server because the server-sided timer that says when you can attack again is not influenced by the character state.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

Crush wrote:
blackrazor wrote:
Yes, you are right about that. Seems like another communication issue between client development and server administration like that headband issue.
Actually, a lot of people (I think) are making a mistake about the headband vs. silk headband.

The headband is supposed to be the plain one with DEF+3; the silk one is an improved version with DEF+10.

The problem is likely that their prices have been acidentally switched. The regular headband should cost 800 gp for the 3 DEF it gives, and the silk headband should cost 5000 gp for the 10 DEF it gives.

That is the true nature of the mix-up, from my observations.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Crush wrote:
The attribute handling and communication is rewritten from scratch on the new server, so this is quite a no-issue.
This has already been fixed for the next version, see issue #0000087.