a bug that wont let me continue playing

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Eludiac
Peon
Peon

a bug that wont let me continue playing

Post by Eludiac »

well i am pretty new in "the world of mana" so i decided to do a little exploring. i traveled west for a bit then north and when i tried to enter a new section of the map it said "could not find map file" then quit. now whenever i want to play, as it connects to the server it says "could nt find map file" and quits again so please help.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

What operating system are you using?

Can you please post the contents of the file "tmw.log" in the directory ".tmw" in your user directory?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
tobster
Peon
Peon

Post by tobster »

I've got exactly the same error. In some little wooden village I was about to enter a house. Than the game crashed with the message that some map was not found. Now this repeats when logging on.

I'm playing with the Windows-Client.

Code: Select all

[14:58:24.41] Warning: Failed to load maps/new_20-1.tmx.gz: Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden. 
[14:58:24.41] Map file not found (maps/new_20-1.tmx.gz)
[14:58:24.41] Error: Could not find map file
Actually i have no files in this map directory at all. I've downloaded the game today, if this is a clue.

Thanks to myself! I've deleted all of the update files to force the re-download. Now it's working although there isn't a file with this name yet.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The files that are downloaded through the updates are saved in zip archives in your user folder.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Eludiac
Peon
Peon

Post by Eludiac »

yes tobster thats exactly what happened in that little village! im using OSX. and when i downloaded mana world, all i received was the application... no files...
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The current version of TMW has problems on MacOSX. See the MacOS bug forum for details. Unfortunately we can't find and fix these problems because we haven't got a mac user in the development team.
  • NOT a game master

Cosmostrator
Novice
Novice

Post by Cosmostrator »

I have had success with unpacking the updates and installing them in the appropriate folders. Perhaps the developers could make available a complete, current data folder that mac users could drop into their install. To do this all a user would have to do is right click on the "The Mana World" icon and chose show package contents. Then open contents -> resources and drop the new data file in. Chose to replace the old folder and you should be good to go.

-Cosmostrator