Non-transparent sprites

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
MaJJ
Peon
Peon

Non-transparent sprites

Post by MaJJ »

Hello,
first of all it would be good to mention that I play TMW on Linux,

I wanted to play at 1600x1200 in fullscreen, so I did it in settings, then restarted game - my screen went black and game wouldn't quit ... so I restarted Xserver to get back into desktop. I wanted to remove that settings manually by configuring settings.xml, but I didn't find it there.

So I decided to remove ~/.tmw directory, so game would be like "clean installation". It has downloaded all game packages again (those zips with graphics etc.) - everything was OK except one thing - transparency isn't working for sprites of monsters! Here is how it looks:

Any ideas?

PS: Sorry if I wrote it to bad topic (bugs).
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

its the same on Windows

I wouldn't worry i think they are just testing something :wink:
Pixel Battalion
MaJJ
Peon
Peon

Post by MaJJ »

Interesting. I will try to completely uninstall whole TMW and install it from my linux package. Maybe there is still a transparent version :D

Edit: so I tried and ... it installed its new version automatically ... and I asked other people in game and they see it with purple background as well ... interesting, only scorpions and maggots - fire goblins are normally transparent :)

By the way, I can't use emotions! :cry: I have job level 10, I can sit etc., but when I press alt + some number, nothing happens :/
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

It isn't your fault, it is ours. Bjørn accidentially put some old graphics on the update server that are still from the times where we used magic pink for transparency. We will fix the problem ASAP.

Edit: The problem should be fixed now.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.