Cannot Connect to Character Serv

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
IN10CITY
Peon
Peon

Cannot Connect to Character Serv

Post by IN10CITY »

I cannot connect to character server. The loading bar keeps moving and there is no connection happening. Then when press cancel and try again, i cannot log into Account Server. Whats wrong??? :cry:
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

The server could be a little slow lately. How much did you wait before giving up?

Does this happen after you upgraded to latest version?

Can you provide the content of your log?
leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Post by leeor_net »

If you are running a client and server from the SVN, you will need to make sure that the account server is giving the client the correct address. I think it's defaulted to localhost (127.0.0.1). If that's the case, be sure to point it to the correct address in the file 'tmwserv.xml'

If you are not running your own build of TMW, you may be stuck behind a firewall, having NAT (router) problems, have some software that's interfering with your connection (e.g., anti-virus, non-microsoft firewalls, etc.) or, as ElvenProgrammer said, it could be high network traffic.

Either way, it would be helpful if you provided the contents of your 'tmw.log' file (found in c:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\.tmw for WinXP and c:\Users\Your User Name\.tmw for WinVISTA).
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek