Compiling TMW dependencies on OSX

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Catfish_Man
Novice
Novice

Compiling TMW dependencies on OSX

Post by Catfish_Man »

I attempted to compile current CVS on 10.3.8, but couldn't get guichan to see SDL_image correctly. Anyone have any tips on compiling TMW's dependencies? (guichan compiled, but with a bunch of stuff turned off)
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Can you post more infos about the procedure you used, or some compiling logs?
Catfish_Man
Novice
Novice

Post by Catfish_Man »

ok, the problem as I see it (copied and pasted from running configure) is this:

-------------------------------
Guichan ready for compilation!
-------------------------------
* Allegro = disabled
* OpenGL = no
* SDL = yes
* SDL Image = no

Now running ./configure, make, sudo make install on SDL_image doesn't turn up anything that looks wrong to me, aside from not having the jpg library (which I was told was unneeded; I have the png one). Unfortunately I may have just messed up my automake/autoconf trying to update them to the latest versions...
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Well TMW doesn't use JPEG images, but that doesn't have to imply you don't need JPEG to build SDL_image, I don't know. For me, "ldd src/tmw" does include libjpeg.so in the libraries used.

Aside from that, in general Guichan not being able to find SDL_image is a problem you might want to ask the Guichan devs about.
Catfish_Man
Novice
Novice

Post by Catfish_Man »

Bjørn wrote:Well TMW doesn't use JPEG images, but that doesn't have to imply you don't need JPEG to build SDL_image, I don't know. For me, "ldd src/tmw" does include libjpeg.so in the libraries used.

Aside from that, in general Guichan not being able to find SDL_image is a problem you might want to ask the Guichan devs about.
Yeah, we talked about it on IRC and decided that I should email the guichan developers when I get some time (Augh! finals and papers!). Apparently the last Mac build was pre-guichan, and it caused some issues on Windows. I'll probably post back here in a week or so with my findings.
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

soo.

any progresses?
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
Catfish_Man
Novice
Novice

Post by Catfish_Man »

Yes. fink is my friend :) I updated automake and autoconf using it, then used it to install SDL_image, SDL, and SDL_mixer. After a bit of messing around (and help from nym) we got guichan to compile (they had #include "SDL.h" instead of <SDL/SDL.h>, and a bit of configure mucking around may have been needed). For unknown reasons tmw then refused to see SDL_mixer and SDL_image, so I just removed the checks from the configure file. Now it's whining about

Code: Select all

Package libxml-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libxml-2.0.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'libxml-2.0' found
In file included from graphics.h:28,
                 from gui/button.h:29,
                 from gui/button.cpp:24:
/usr/local/include/guichan/opengl.hpp:58:45: guichan/opengl/openglgraphics.hpp: No such file or directory
/usr/local/include/guichan/opengl.hpp:59:48: guichan/opengl/openglimageloader.hpp: No such file or directory
OpenGL support is disabled in guichan with the config we're using, so the last bit isn't surprising. I know I have libxml2 (fink++), so I think that's just a path issue.
Catfish_Man
Novice
Novice

Post by Catfish_Man »

Victory is ours! It's sluggish, and OpenGL mode causes all sorts of fascinating glitches, but it works :D
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Smack, Pciu, you're a genius, let's prepare a package for the 0.0.11 release :D
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

YEaaah
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)