IDk, if its a bug,glitch, or the problem its me :P

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
*Sue*
Peon
Peon

IDk, if its a bug,glitch, or the problem its me :P

Post by *Sue* »

Hello there all... i installed the svn version of the game, that i found at the...

Code: Select all

http://elvenprogrammer.themanaworld.org/index.php?page=projects&id=4&category=downloads
page... and i was told to download the middle one file . So i did, then i installed, and started playing (love the music, great job with that, and the stone was amazing =O ), when i walked onto the shop. This happened... i removed the game, reinstalled it on the clasical version, and continued on playing with no problems, so i downloaded the file again, cos if there was a download problem, and happened again... so... thats it... i asked to doorsman if it happened to him, and nothing did to them so... i dont know what this could be, Shroud went too, and nothing happened to him neither :P

So thats it, thanks :P :D

*Sue*

Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: IDk, if its a bug,glitch, or the problem its me :P

Post by Rotonen »

I have a guess of what happened: you enabled some debug feature to display the walkmap/collision layer of the map (do we have such a feature?) or then the SVN revision you used had a bug with reading maps.

If you want to help with the SVN client:
1) In case of bugs first update to the latest revision (which you apparently had done in this case, it is also always a good idea).
2) Try to seek out if you enabled a debug feature. You can iterate the function keys (F1-F12) and other keyboard buttons and combinations.
3) State the SVN revision number from the installer. When trying to
4) If it is indeed a bug, we do have our Mantis repository.

Thank you for reporting, though.

EDIT: Went online and confirmed with SVN revision 4375. No idea of the cause.
This message used to be meaningful.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

There is no such debug feature.

We changed the way map layers are interpreted in the last few days (the function of a layer is not determined by its number but by its name) but some maps were not updated immediately. These maps then appeared as you see above.

All maps should be fixed in the latest developer version of the data files. But when you run the clients with updates on you will still get the old, unfixed maps from the updateserver. You can avoid this problem by doing this: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =13&t=2617 (always recommended when using a developer version of the client)

Note that the nightly builds are only intended for tech-savy people interested in helping with the development of TMW. Normal players should always use the latest normal version. When the nightly builds would be ready for normal players we would release it as a new version.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

The SVN nightly should have the flag on per default?

If not, it should at least be clearly stated in a sticky.
This message used to be meaningful.