My character has been put down several levels

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Morgoth
Peon
Peon

My character has been put down several levels

Post by Morgoth »

In Ubuntu 8.04, version 0.0.24 of The Mana World, I was level 39 and I had 2 short swords in my inventory, 10030gp with me and I was on my way from Tulimshar to Hurnscald to buy a Forest Bow. Support for 0.0.24 got dropped, so I upgraded to Ubuntu 8.10 and upgraded The Mana World to version 0.0.26. As soon as I logged on, I found that I was about two minutes north-north-west of where I was previously, and that I had no short swords in my inventory, I had no money, and that my level had dropped to 27. As most people would be when they find out something like this, I was completely devastated. Did someone clear out a bit of space on the server and load a backup? Because if they didn't, then the server has some major problems. Is anyone else getting this problem?

Morgoth

a man, a plan, a canal, Panama! backwards without spaces is: amanaplanacanalpanama. Notice anything? (Palindromes are awesome)
Last edited by Morgoth on 04 Nov 2008, 09:15, edited 1 time in total.
whiterabbit
Peon
Peon

Re: My character has been put down several levels

Post by whiterabbit »

I don't have time to find the topic but here somewhere someone had said sometihing(convincing, yes :D) about this. Try to search bug reports or someting.

Im in hurry now, I will look the topic later today if you hadn't foud it :).
Gone for good, bye!
Morgoth
Peon
Peon

Post by Morgoth »

I looked at the bug reports, but nothing relevant to this problem was there.

Morgoth

a man, a plan, a canal, Panama! backwards without spaces is: amanaplanacanalpanama. Notice anything? (Palindromes are awesome)
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

And I'll say it again. Anything between October 30th and November 3 has been lost due to server problems. This shouldn't happen again.
whiterabbit
Peon
Peon

Post by whiterabbit »

I finally had time to find it-> jaxad0127 (TMW Developer) said in topic "Lost my warlord helmet?" that all changes since the restart on October 30th have been lost.

But it is not bad thing as loosing any items tough. Levels can be recieved while trainig :wink:.
Gone for good, bye!