Bug: Resurrected onto a non-traversable tile

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
gene
Peon
Peon

Bug: Resurrected onto a non-traversable tile

Post by gene »

I entered the cave/mine without purchasing a hat or digging tool. I died and was resurrected on a non-traversable tile in the town.
Last edited by gene on 03 May 2005, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Strange. Well I've updated the collision map on the server which I think should prevent you from spawning there, yet it'd be weird if it wasn't already up to date. Another option could be your client map being out of date, but that'd be equally weird. Also it's strange that it puts you there instead of the default respawning location.

Anyway, maybe it's fixed now, though I guess we can never be sure. We could however be sure that it's not fixed when another report like this comes in. :)
gene
Peon
Peon

Post by gene »

I'll spend some time tonight running around commiting suicide, to see if it does happen again.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Maybe we should also check respawning point coordinates? If these are coordinates of a non-walkable tile, the player will be warped on a random walkable tile. Fixing the walk map will help in this case but not forever I fear...
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

I already checked and indeed they were off, somehow they got reset to the old coordinates. Problem solved, topic closed.