Bug: Invisible Monsters

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
gene
Peon
Peon

Bug: Invisible Monsters

Post by gene »

I've heard talk of "ghosts" in the channel, with the previous version. I don't know if it's the same thing I experienced, but it definitely happend.

I got 8 grubs to start following (attacking) me in town. When I reached that number I started losing hit points, although some of the grubs stopped following me, and none were near me.
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

doesn sound like the ghost bug

sounds more like a bug on the servers walkmap.. you know.. you stuck there on the server but the client thinks you move ...

to work around this problem exit the game and relogin

we will probalby fix this bug as soon as possible
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Yeah the ghost problem was related to the fact you could see nameless players in the cave, but was a script error + athena bug. Anyway it is now fixed.

About your bug, yeah maci could be right even though I think the too long path bug is somewhat fixed. I strongly believe something went wrong while parsing the packet, that's strange because it didn't happened until now. It would be cool to find a way to reproduce this bug.

maci: congratulation, meaningful post :lol:
gene
Peon
Peon

Post by gene »

I'll try to duplicate it again tonight.
Peacemaker
Novice
Novice

Post by Peacemaker »

Elven Programmer wrote:Yeah the ghost problem was related to the fact you could see nameless players in the cave, but was a script error + athena bug. Anyway it is now fixed.
there is an "ghost"-item-bug too... if someone leave a dropped item alone at x,y=(40,40), for example, it will be visable on all three maps (city,desert,cave) at the same coordinates (40,40) :).
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Ghost coordinates? That's even more strange, I should seriousely look into it!