Can't log on

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
toodlestech
Peon
Peon

Can't log on

Post by toodlestech »

With the version before .12 i could log on fine but when i installed .12 I get a cannot connect to login server error. I tried everything from changing the server in the config file to removing the mana world and reinstalling .12 fresh. And yes the server is up so what is wrong?
gene
Peon
Peon

Post by gene »

Make sure your config.xml has the following:

<option name="host" value="animesites.de"/>
<option name="port" value="6901"/>
toodlestech
Peon
Peon

Post by toodlestech »

yes and like i said i even tried other servers that are listed on the server page.
gene
Peon
Peon

Post by gene »

You didn't indicate what hostname/ip you were connecting to.

Are you still unable to connect? Can you ping/traceroute to animesites.de? Have to tried connecting to that port directly?
toodlestech
Peon
Peon

Post by toodlestech »

I tried the 3 that were on the old server list.. Like i SAID. yes i tried pinging it and i can. I believe its something on the source code and not the server. pinging and all that is common sense... basically what im saying is there is a bug and the developers might want to try and fix it.
gene
Peon
Peon

Post by gene »

Unless you clearly indicate what methods you used to check if the server is up I'm not going to know. It isn't common sense to ping and traceroute. If you can't `telnet animesites.de 6901` then it could be a firewall problem. If you can connect to that port you should hop on the IRC channel to get some help; quickest way to get the problem resolved.

I'm not trying to be rude, I just want to help, but don't assume people can read your mind. When reporting a problem or asking for help you need to elaborate. You need to provide more information.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Well I assume animesites.de is up (because it's up 99% of the times). If you get a cannot connect to login server message then it should be a problem on your side, since TMW uses sockets and they should be able to find a connection through animesites. If not probably we made a big mistake which is misunderstanding messages.

I suggest install it again (be sure to remove C:\Program Files\The Mana World folder before reinstalling).
Try using different computers if you have the possibility.
Post the file tmw.log, which could help us a lot...