Aspire One again

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
chs1010
Peon
Peon

Re: Aspire One again

Post by chs1010 »

alright thanks, so if i get yum, it compiles it all for me?

how do i get yum? XD
blueberry
Novice
Novice

Post by blueberry »

Are you sure you read http://linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm, before answering my post?
alright thanks, so if i get yum, it compiles it all for me?
No. Definitely not :)
how do i get yum?
It's already installed *grin* : hit [alt]+[F2], type xterm, press enter, type sudo yum , press enter and voila!

I guess you have to wait until my manual is finished to get it to work;-)
Last edited by blueberry on 18 Jan 2009, 01:21, edited 1 time in total.
chs1010
Peon
Peon

Post by chs1010 »

omg o.o linux amazes me more and more every second lol, anyway, from the bit i read of that site you provided (it seems a bit long winded lol) its basically saying how linux is different from windows, i knew this, i accepted it when i decided to never buy a microsoft product again (dont ask, long story XD) anyway, i was just wondering, can you like just provide the basic steps on how to install it/compile it, whatever it is i have to do lol

thanks
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

chs1010 wrote:omg o.o linux amazes me more and more every second lol, anyway, from the bit i read of that site you provided (it seems a bit long winded lol) its basically saying how linux is different from windows, i knew this, i accepted it when i decided to never buy a microsoft product again (dont ask, long story XD) anyway, i was just wondering, can you like just provide the basic steps on how to install it/compile it, whatever it is i have to do lol

thanks
This will get you the very latest: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... ompilation. It was also make it rather easy to update.
chs1010
Peon
Peon

Post by chs1010 »

im probably just gonna either wait for blueberry's guide or ask my friend at college on thursday because although you guys are telling me what to do, i cant put it together and understand how it works, its probably just me, i like to know why and how something works before i know what to do :/
chs1010
Peon
Peon

Post by chs1010 »

oh oh, i had a bit of a light bulb moment lol, ive got it installed now and will test it now
chs1010
Peon
Peon

Post by chs1010 »

ok, now im having the same problem as androes did (the guy who made the other aspire one thread), when i click new on the create character screen, it closes completely :/
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Please make sure you let it update.
chs1010
Peon
Peon

Post by chs1010 »

i did let it update, it came on, did its thing and updated then said complete and then i could get on and register and so on but when i clicked new on the character create screen it went off :(
blueberry
Novice
Novice

Post by blueberry »

chs1010 wrote:oh oh, i had a bit of a light bulb moment lol, ive got it installed now and will test it now
How did you install the game? I tried the last 3 hours to get it to work, and so far i didn't succeed :( Which version are you using?
chs1010
Peon
Peon

Post by chs1010 »

all i did was go to the terminal (alt + F2, type xterm) type su, press enter, then yum install manaworld and press enter, it basically does itself then lol

dont supose you know how to solve my problem do you? XD
blueberry
Novice
Novice

Post by blueberry »

chs1010 wrote:all i did was go to the terminal (alt + F2, type xterm) type su, press enter, then yum install manaworld and press enter, it basically does itself then lol
Thats what i did in my starting post - its version 0.0.23 which will NOT work. Normal Fedora 8 uses version 0.0.24.1, which does not work (correctly) either. Compiling from source brought compiler errors (Linpus repo compiler gcc-c++), so i didn't manage it so far. BTW: Linpus sucks(no man pages, broken packages, update manager issues, generally outdated software...)

Easiest and safest would be contacting marketing@linpus.com and ask them if they could update the manaworld-package.

I will try again, but i don't know how long it will take.

greets, blue
chs1010
Peon
Peon

Post by chs1010 »

i emailed linpus' marketing thing lol, not got a reply but ill post if i do, anyway, im off to college now, bye XD
chs1010
Peon
Peon

Post by chs1010 »

is there any way of checking on yum which version of manaworld is currently available for download because linpus hasnt replied yet but i just wanna check lol
blueberry
Novice
Novice

Post by blueberry »

RTFM!

Literally "Read The F**king Manual";

a term showing the frustration of being bothered with questions so trivial that the asker could have quickly figured out the answer on their own with minimal effort, usually by reading readily-available documents. People who say "RTFM!" might be considered rude, but the true rude ones are the annoying people who take absolutely no self-responibility and expect to have all the answers handed to them personally.