Apparently broken javac

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Apparently broken javac

Post by Rotonen »

My javac gets stuck on OS X. Apparently goes into an infinite loop when run in any case.

Apple developer forums or the Sun support group have not provided any answers or intelligent guesses about what could be broken.

How is this related to TMW? Autotools need gettext and the ./configure of gettext gets stuck at checking for javac.

Cannot compile source releases (would be interested in debugging git) at the moment and cannot be arsed to learn xcode properly (clear wiki article for dummies, anyone?).

Yes, this is a longshot.
This message used to be meaningful.
allenmoatallen
Peon
Peon

Re: Apparently broken javac

Post by allenmoatallen »

It depends on the version of MacOS you have and the version of Java that you need.

MacOS X 10.4.x uses Java 1.5

MacOS X 10.5.x uses Java 1.5 also but can get 1.6 through an update, although its not made to be used by default.
trapdoor
Novice
Novice

Post by trapdoor »

Have you tried http://www.macports.org/ ?

They should have a working version of gettext.

--
trapdoor
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

The gettext is not the issue I need to solve, I also need a functional javac for stuff. Getting libraries is trivial. Fixing the compiling environment is not.

OS X 10.5 and the latest updates installed (this of course also covers Java). Every instance of javac on my machine just eats 100% cpu and sits there.

I guess I'll just use compile farms until Snow Leopard comes along and do a fresh reinstall then.
This message used to be meaningful.