1 compiling error

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Nooblets
Peon
Peon

1 compiling error

Post by Nooblets »

Hi I'm trying to compile using codeblocks and I've added all the directories with the lib and include and dll and all I get is this 1 error that I can't figure out what to do to fix it:

Code: Select all

C:\Documents and Settings\Nooblets\Desktop\tmw\src\gui\button.cpp||In member function `void Button::init()':|
C:\Documents and Settings\Nooblets\Desktop\tmw\src\gui\button.cpp|85|error: `setFrameSize' was not declared in this scope|
C:\Documents and Settings\Nooblets\Desktop\tmw\src\gui\button.cpp|85|warning: unused variable 'setFrameSize'|
||=== Build finished: 1 errors, 1 warnings ===|
Marco
Peon
Peon

Re: 1 compiling error

Post by Marco »

Which version of codeblocks and mingw are you using?
The latest stable version of codeblocks is of the 28 Feb 2008, so it's obsolete.
You should download one of the nightly builds, but they, as nightly builds, aren't really stable.
Nooblets
Peon
Peon

Post by Nooblets »

codeblocks 8.02
octalot
Novice
Novice

Post by octalot »

Which version of Guichan?
setFrameSize() was added in version 0.8.0
Retired from TMW; incomplete projects looking for a dev:
Cave foliage (plants up the walls): http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5659
Cave wetwalls (water down the walls): http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5816
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

octalot wrote:Which version of Guichan?
setFrameSize() was added in version 0.8.0
Older versions should have more problems.
Nooblets
Peon
Peon

Post by Nooblets »

Yeah I was testing and commented out that one line then after compiling again there are tons of other things that probably still would need to fix after I figured this one out. So I probably need new version of guichan? I just used what was in the devpack and also what was in the lib pack download. Those don't have current up to date?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Nooblets wrote:Yeah I was testing and commented out that one line then after compiling again there are tons of other things that probably still would need to fix after I figured this one out. So I probably need new version of guichan? I just used what was in the devpack and also what was in the lib pack download. Those don't have current up to date?
Did you use the most recent dev pack? http://www.crushnet.org/tmw/tmw_libs.zip
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

If not, it would be interesting to know where you got the devpack from, so that we can remove references to outdated versions.
Nooblets
Peon
Peon

Post by Nooblets »

Ok I downloaded the lib pack you posted and updated the directories and now it seems to work but i get this 1 error now. If anyone knows what it is from:

Code: Select all

ld.exe||cannot find -lenet|
||=== Build finished: 1 errors, 0 warnings ===|
Marco
Peon
Peon

Post by Marco »

There isn't the library enet.

However your codeblock version is really old. You should download a nightly build. There is a nightly build of 21 July 2009, instead your version is of 28 february 2008...
I think also your MinGW is old, there is gcc-4.4 now, you should use this
Nooblets
Peon
Peon

Post by Nooblets »

Still get the same error. Can you explain why I am getting this better? You confuse me. Am I missing a library or is it the compiler out of date?
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Check your compiler libs folder if theres a libenet.a file inside, or configure Code::Blocks lib path to reach the place where the file is.
Nooblets
Peon
Peon

Post by Nooblets »

libenet.a is in the folder where i extracted the tmw_libs and the codeblocks lib folder. I tried adding both to search directories but still get the same error.