tmwError: Could not find map file

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
ampersand
Peon
Peon

tmwError: Could not find map file

Post by ampersand »

tmw Error: Could not find map file!

The game was running fine before but dumped while I was exploring the caves. Not sure if this has something to do with the cave map file or the general one.

Using SuSE 9.2. tmw compiled with --enable-opengl=no. It was working great before.

Here is tail info from tmw.log:

[10:02:35] State: CHAR_SELECT
[10:02:35] Window::Window("Select Character")
[10:02:37] CharSelect: Packet ID: 71, Length: 28, Packet_in_size 23825
[10:02:37] CharSelect: In_size: 28
[10:02:37] CharSelect: Map:
[10:02:37] CharSelect: Server: 217.172.177.27:5122
[10:02:37] Window::~Window("Select Character")
[10:02:37] State: GAME
[10:02:38] Protocol: Player start position: (34, 92), Direction: 0
[10:02:38] No such file!
[10:02:38] No such file!
[10:02:38] Error: Could not find map file!
[10:02:38] Sound::close() Shutting down sound...
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Maybe you forgot to do "make install"?

Btw --enable-opengl=no won't do anything I think, it's off by default and there is only --with-opengl to enable it.

Oh if you have downloaded source release within a day of it's release you may want to try getting it again from SourceForge because I think we fixed the release on an issue about maps not being included.
ampersand
Peon
Peon

Post by ampersand »

Bjørn wrote:Maybe you forgot to do "make install"?

Btw --enable-opengl=no won't do anything I think, it's off by default and there is only --with-opengl to enable it.

Oh if you have downloaded source release within a day of it's release you may want to try getting it again from SourceForge because I think we fixed the release on an issue about maps not being included.
I'll try that Bjørn. Guichan does want the MESA libraries by default, if you use the --enable-opengl=no switch you can avoid having to use the MESA libs. ;-) I think TMW doesn't enable opengl by default, but Guichan wants it.

Cheers,

Charles
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

re

Post by Bear »

i think hes missing higher levels of caves
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

ampersand wrote:I'll try that Bjørn. Guichan does want the MESA libraries by default, if you use the --enable-opengl=no switch you can avoid having to use the MESA libs. ;-) I think TMW doesn't enable opengl by default, but Guichan wants it.
I guess you're right about Guichan, just in your first message you mentioned you were compiling TMW with that.