new character ??? help???

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
wack118
Peon
Peon

new character ??? help???

Post by wack118 »

i tried to make a new char with my current username because the cleint allows three slots so i tried cuz i wanted a fresh start gettin a lil bored of my other character but it wont let me make a new one i keep getting and error message and its very frustrating can anyone help me please
i dont wanna love u,hold u, dont wanna know wat ur about,dont need ur name and number just want to get in and get out
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: new character ??? help???

Post by Crush »

Ceros, he is having problems registering a new character on an existing account, not registering a new account.

Wack118, which version are you using? Some older versions do not show a proper error message when the character name is already taken. Could this be the problem?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
SpamMaster
Novice
Novice

Post by SpamMaster »

... not the correct board, but anyway...
wack118 wrote:i tried to make a new char with my current username because the cleint allows three slots so i tried cuz i wanted a fresh start gettin a lil bored of my other character but it wont let me make a new one i keep getting and error message and its very frustrating can anyone help me please

O_O

As far as I can see, you are experiencing one of the following problems:

• You have deleted your main character and are attempting to create a new one in his place
  • You decided to create a new account in which to make a new character, but cannot
  • You suck

I believe you have encountered the second problem on this list. If this is the case, the link Ceros provided is relevant after all. Otherwise, it is a problem for Crush to help you with.

Spammy
Have a spamful evening, sir.
wack118
Peon
Peon

Post by wack118 »

got it worked out adn no i didnt delete my main char i just wanted a second one it was like crush said wasnt giving proper err msg when name was taken thx for help anyways guys
i dont wanna love u,hold u, dont wanna know wat ur about,dont need ur name and number just want to get in and get out
SpamMaster
Novice
Novice

Post by SpamMaster »

Ah, yes. I've noticed it doesn't tell when a name is taken...

Spammy
Have a spamful evening, sir.