Windows Vista: Random Respawn after Death

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
The Scarlet Rhus
Novice
Novice

Windows Vista: Random Respawn after Death

Post by The Scarlet Rhus »

October 29th
Client Version 0.0.29.1 for Windows (no patch)

I was in the graveyard, battling some skeletons and such with Necromokron and a few others. Dying, I fled the graveyard, heading for the caretakers hut, whereupon I was killed by a Fire Skull or something that was hiding by the entrance. I got some *cough* funny *cough* death message and hit okay, expecting to appear in the centre of Hurnscald, or maybe (I'd been in the arena earlier) at the Soul Menhir in Tulimshar.
Imagine my surprise when, yes, I did appear in Tulimshar, but rather than at the Soul Menhir I was behind a house. Same map, further to the east, the first house you see when travelling in that direction along the path from the Soul Menhir.
Necromokron, who had also died, and me went down into Tulimshar Mine for some reason (I dunno, I was just following him) and everything disappeared due to intense lag. I restarted my client. Once the monsters had appeared, I called them to me with the Aggravate Monster spell and waited 'til I died. This time I appeared in Tulimshar Marketplace, in front of a stall.

It may be that somehow my saved spawn location was removed, and so I'm getting a random tile on the starting map. That's the only thing I can think of.

~I'm not going to touch a Menhir just yet... I'll see what happens.
The Scarlet Rhus
/quit tmw
The Scarlet Rhus
Novice
Novice

Re: Windows Vista: Random Respawn after Death

Post by The Scarlet Rhus »

Sorry to double-post, but on second thoughts, don't fix this. I set my spawn point in Hurnscald, now I appear randomly there. I like it like this.

~wicked.
The Scarlet Rhus
/quit tmw
CodyMartin
Peon
Peon

Re: Windows Vista: Random Respawn after Death

Post by CodyMartin »

To get respawn at random positions was entertaining, but we have fixed that bug now.