Scythe & Shield

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Scythe & Shield

Post by Rotonen »

Everyone interested in the progression of the project is more than welcome to help with the playerset since it is blocking a lot of other work.
This message used to be meaningful.
TheBasilisk
Novice
Novice

Post by TheBasilisk »

I know that this is somewhat off-topic, but is it possible to have two "hand" slots? Allowing one, for example, to carry two daggers as well as one dagger and a shield. Any approvals/disapprovals?
Hissssss...
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

TheBasilisk wrote:I know that this is somewhat off-topic, but is it possible to have two "hand" slots? Allowing one, for example, to carry two daggers as well as one dagger and a shield. Any approvals/disapprovals?
Support for that is planned in Manaserv.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

...although there is no proper game rules concept for this yet. Equipping two one-handed weapons is currently possible but the way it works (the stats of the second weapon are simply added to those of the first) is nonsensical and considered a bug to be fixed.

By the way: eAthena should already have proper support and balanced game rules for equipping two one-handed weapons. The RO Assassin class is able to do this.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

Rotonen wrote:Everyone interested in the progression of the project is more than welcome to help with the player set since it is blocking a lot of other work.
I am going to look at how far Fother has got on the Player set soon and will try to finish off at lest the one handed slash attack so I can start on the adjustments to the equipment as well.

Right now I'm just in contact with Ubuntu tech help to get my tablet working on my new system. After that I will be able too resume my more active role for content development.
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Doulos wrote: 26 Nov 2009, 23:26
Crush wrote:

How will this affect game balance? When the scythe has the disadvantage over knifes that it can't be used with a shield it should be stronger than them.

• The jump from a +15 Dagger damage to +75 Scythe damage is already unbalanced, imho. A small disadvantage isn't unreasonable.

• Most players don't have a shield by the time they get the Scythe other than the leather shield which makes little difference in saving a player (and isn't intended to either).

• Most players never keep the scythe for great lengths of time because the Short Sword soon replaces it. (It is a rarely seen tool used in game, from observation.)

• Many players bypass the tool altogether and are led to the Short Sword by helpful higher level players. And that is not a reflection on the lack of shielding.

Another possibility is to give the Scythe +100 while removing the shielding. This would make it as strong as the Short Sword (too easily attainable these days) but still at a disadvantage.

Doulos suggestion for damage change ACKed by development team and pushed in commit c60b2c75. Therefore, suggestion implemented and topic closed. Open a new one if you still have considerations to make.

"And we only took 13 years this time! Woohoo!"

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.