Linux and Wine (Skill Loss)

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Mikehappy
Peon
Peon

Linux and Wine (Skill Loss)

Post by Mikehappy »

I've been running The Mana World through Wine on Puppy Linux 4.3.1. I recently found that there's a pet package for it and installed that, doing away with the windows install. My machine is slower and i can use full graphics with the Linux client. After a couple days of trying to figure out how to use my magic/party/emote, I figured I'd ask around. Someone told me I may have to re-do the quests for these commands for switching to the Linux client. I've tried that, every NPC that gave me the quest will only thank me for finishing it. I can't use magic, emote or party because I don't have the skills in the Linux client. I can't get the skills because the quests are complete.

This is a bug post, warning to wine users and request for all my character's quests to be reset, if that can be done. (Account-Mikehappy, Character-Mikeman)
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Linux and Wine (Skill Loss)

Post by Matt »

Yeah, that is a nasty bug.

Or a very old client on your side.

But thanks for the warning. lol.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Client version.

As everything important is saved on the server, changing clients, computers, etc, won't matter.
Mikehappy
Peon
Peon

Post by Mikehappy »

I figured it out, I was using an old client. (0.0.26). I'm compiling 0.0.29.1 for Puppy Linux 4.3.1 now.