attack bug

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
drboom
Peon
Peon

attack bug

Post by drboom »

Sorry for beeing so "bugy" but i found a bug again:
the snakes(and maybe all other creature) can attack if between me and them is a obstacle.I had a bow and he could attack me and i could attack him as well.This bug can be a real benefit for the one who knowes it and could be exploit when the pvp is implemented(the snake could olso attack me if i had a sword).And one more thing.Does the script permit the snakes climb up/down the hill when they are attacked?.Because I hit the snake when it was down and I was up and I was able to hit him with the bow but the next momment he was up.
Btw: Congratulation for the optimizations made.My fps boosted from 1-2 to 5-7.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

If you're using CVS version then that's normal since snakes map was still not updated on the server. Just wait for the next release.
ktm
Novice
Novice

Re: attack bug

Post by ktm »

drboom wrote:Btw: Congratulation for the optimizations made.My fps boosted from 1-2 to 5-7.
hey, that's almost "almost playable" :)
just a tip, try lowering your colour depth to 16bit - for me, it almost doubles the framerate (to about 12-18). must be some weird sdl-windows issue, because under linux the same code runs great (30-50fps) under 32bit...
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Maybe you set tmw to not use opengl on your windows box?

To increase fps anyway you could also try to run it fullscreen
drboom
Peon
Peon

Post by drboom »

Well opengl can not be set in my version(the cvs version), it appears in the setup(as a check box right?) but is disabled.Of course i run full-screen.Anyway I turned the colors to 16 bit as ktm said and it really works(from 5-7 to 9-10fps) but I turned it back because at 8 fps the caracter's feet start really moving(at 6 fps I didn't saw any animation) and that slows the game even more(the char is moving like a maggot :P ).Isn't the movement controled by the server?Or does the client only sends the new coordonates to the server?
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

You have to edit the config.xml manually for opengl.