So, what is going on?

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
mmmmnatheclumsyone
Peon
Peon

So, what is going on?

Post by mmmmnatheclumsyone »

Since approximately 4PM US Eastern time today (December 29), I've lost connection several times. I log in again, I play a few minutes, I lose connection again. I recall logging in about 5 times, give or take, and I remember that 'Captain Awesome' was present in the beginning. I then gave up for an hour or more.

I tried logging in again at 6:20 or so; I got in, but then something/someone blasted my chat window with some kind of preformatted chat message which listed game items. When I tried to type text in my chat window, I mean as an open message (this was in the General tab, was not a whisper), I could not see my own text in my chat window (and I could not scroll the chat window to my own text - the scroll bar filled the scroll region). I saw that my text did display in a balloon over my character. While my chat text was still displaying over my character, that funky list of game items kept incrementing, one item at a time, about one item every 1.5 - 2 seconds and I had no control over the window. Along the way, I could read that a certain game player proclaimed they 'hacked a server'. Well, I had no context for that statement (maybe this was a joke?), and when I tried to get a screenshot, I couldn't get a screenshot (my TMW client was unresponsive), so I decided that possibly my client had been hacked. I logged out and uninstalled TMW and deleted the folder.

Until this forum produces some discussion about the events of TMW on this day, I'm not comfortable launching my client (0.28, 0.28-1 is not available in this distribution of Linux).

I'm a bit disappointed that some clowns feel they have to mess up a good thing, but my goals involve remaining secure and stable.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: So, what is going on?

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Server should be fine now. Latest release is 0.0.29.1, by the way. Please see about using it. Your game experience will be much better if you do.
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

mmmmna wrote:0.28-1 is not available in this distribution of Linux
What distro do you use?
mmmmnatheclumsyone
Peon
Peon

Post by mmmmnatheclumsyone »

Sorry, that was a typing error, I used 0.29 back then and 0.29.1 was not available - I made the same error 2 times! :oops:

I have now installed a different distro (Was PCLinuxOS 2009.1, now using Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10) and 0.29.1 is available to me but I'm using it and it has major frame rate issues (posted earlier today).