Development of Manasource and anything else related to the Mana Project.
#136464 by Ablu
Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:50 am
For mysql you first need to create a database (either you do it yourself and set your values in the manaserv config or you use our createDatabase.sql script). And then create the tables (via createTables.sql) in it. To run those sql scripts you can use your preferred sql client / database viewer (I do not know what is used on windows usually. On linux I usually use the mysql commandline client.

EDIT: If you generally wonder about how the SQL scripts work mysql is probably the wrong choice for you. It is maybe better if you learn a bit about mysql setups before or simply use sqlite ;)

Regards,
Ablu
#136468 by Crush
Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:54 pm
Moved from Off Topic to Manasource Development
#136472 by fatalfeel
Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:42 pm
tks a lot
Ablu wrote:For mysql you first need to create a database (either you do it yourself and set your values in the manaserv config or you use our createDatabase.sql script). And then create the tables (via createTables.sql) in it. To run those sql scripts you can use your preferred sql client / database viewer (I do not know what is used on windows usually. On linux I usually use the mysql commandline client.

EDIT: If you generally wonder about how the SQL scripts work mysql is probably the wrong choice for you. It is maybe better if you learn a bit about mysql setups before or simply use sqlite ;)

Regards,
Ablu