Development of Manasource and anything else related to the Mana Project.
#136964 by vatarus
Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:56 am
Ок.

For the purity of the experiment:

1. Installed new host (WinXP SP3 English).
2. Installed Code:Blocks 12.11.
3. Updated MinGW to version 4.7.2-1.
4. Cloned source from git://github.com/mana/mana.git.
5. Copied libraries from https://github.com/mana/mana-mingw-libs and copy the include and lib folder in the MinGW directory.
6. Fixed mana.cbp (add chardb.cpp, chardb.h). Mana.cbp attached.
7. Compiled client. There are a few warnings, but that's okay. (Full compile log attached).
8. Copied all the required libraries to the folder with the compiled exe (pic.#001).
9. Try to run... Error. Missed two libraries (pic.#002, 003). Adding and run again (pic.#004)... Сrash program! (pic.#005, 006).
Attachments
003.jpg
003.jpg (12.47 KiB) Viewed 2168 times
002.jpg
002.jpg (17.3 KiB) Viewed 2168 times
001.jpg
001.jpg (66.95 KiB) Viewed 2168 times
#136969 by Ablu
Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:18 am
Hm. I have no idea atm. But I will try to find it out (I was able to reproduce it with windows... but my guichan build lacks debug symbols and I am unable to build guichan for windows on linux for some reason)...
#136985 by Frost
Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:48 am
vatarus wrote:I mean, is there any other way to compile a working client for windows?

This usually works with Code:Blocks. It seems easier to fix whatever recently broke compiling than to create a new build process that uses a different toolchain.

Not every problem is solved in one weekend. Give them time to find the answer. :)
#137135 by vatarus
Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:58 am
Thank you Ablu. You gave the right path to find the problem.

1. I did a clean install of the Code:Blocks without the MinGW.
Then I did install a MinGW version 4.6.2 separately.
2. Compile the client from source. Client compile and run without any problems. Excellent!
3. Compile the server from source. Both the accountserver.exe and gameserver.exe is compiled without any problems.
Run the accountserver.exe. It works. Good!
Run the gameserver.exe. Get an error: it says that libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll is missing.
I searched for this dll in my mingw installation but the only dll I found is: libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll.
Well, I asked one person about the problem.
He said to me:
You have to use -static-libgcc while compiling with mingw’s g++ to eliminate the dependacy on LIBGCC_S_SJLJ-1.DLL. You can do that by adding static-libgcc to the linker flags.

But I'm not a programmer, so do not understand this man.
Can you tell me where and what to do to fix this error?
#137136 by Ablu
Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:02 am
Genereally you should have this dll somewhere around if you have mingw (if you updated/changed mingw maybe try a full rebuild of manaserv to force full recompile).

Otherwise, if you want to add this flag to the build go to the project build settings. Then to Linker settings. And add the link command to the "Other linker options" field.

Regards,
Ablu