Development of Manasource and anything else related to the Mana Project.

#18942 by Modanung
Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:32 pm
First of all, great initiative.
I like the v-neck version. But as you said the turtle collared one looks like a future jumpsuit I think this is mainly because of the shading. One thing is that you didn't shade the top part with any texture, try to use some dithering. Also, the sharp highlights make it look like it's tight and shiny. The third and last problem is... I had another in mind, but I can't remember what it was. :/

Hope this helps and keep up the good work.

#18963 by Saphy
Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:37 am
Modanung wrote:First of all, great initiative.
I like the v-neck version. But as you said the turtle collared one looks like a future jumpsuit I think this is mainly because of the shading. One thing is that you didn't shade the top part with any texture, try to use some dithering. Also, the sharp highlights make it look like it's tight and shiny. The third and last problem is... I had another in mind, but I can't remember what it was. :/

Hope this helps and keep up the good work.

Thanks for all of your input. I will modify the shading to use some dithering when I got back to school (I forgot to take my tablet pen with me home >_<). I am not sure if I will make the sweater baggy soon, but I will see if it turns out any good when I got around it.

#18964 by Saphy
Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:40 am
Crush wrote:what do you think about this?
I just took your last pic and made the shading in the chest area less detailed and more smooth so that it doesn't accentuate the body details that much.

Good point. However, the female version of the sweater will look different from the male version. Is there any plan to make different equipment sprites for female and male character yet?

#18970 by Modanung
Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:22 am
Crush wrote:Image

Looks great! Maybe a bit dithering could increase the woolyness though.

Saphy wrote:Is there any plan to make different equipment sprites for female and male character yet?

Yes, there is. I think it may already be possible.

#18979 by Crush
Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:49 pm
Saphy wrote:Good point. However, the female version of the sweater will look different from the male version. Is there any plan to make different equipment sprites for female and male character yet?
It is not possible yet but it is on the agenda to make it possible. Having at least one complete female equipment spriteset would help a lot.
#18993 by D2ARCHER
Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:29 pm
Saphy wrote:I recently obtained a wool sweater in the game, but the game becomes naked when she wores it. It turns out there are not sprite for the wool sweater. Thus, I have created one for the sweater. This version is not a turtle neck sweater, I will create a turtle necked when I have time to spare.

I have tested and modified this sprite. This is a V-neck non-baggy sweater. I am going to make a baggy one for wool sweater, but I would like feedbacks and suggestions where I could improve with reasonable efforts.

really this dont appear of the true item of the sweater is...maybe if u make more white this

#19001 by mangamaniac
Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:13 pm

I think, the colour is fitting.... its just a bit darker

#19092 by Saphy
Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:17 am
As mentioned before, I will create a turtleneck version when I got back my equipment. Here's my complete version of the turtleneck and somewhat baggy sweater:

#19093 by Saphy
Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:40 am
As for the v-neck tight sweater, if could be made into another colour like this:

#19094 by Madcap
Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:55 am
I'm liking it. It makes me wish Santa gave me a sweater instead of the winter gloves. :(

#19100 by Saphy
Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:18 am
Actually, now that I think about it, the girl in the login screen is wearing a wool sweater. Maybe I should update my wool sweater so that it looks similar to hers? The colour will be a little different though; more red/magenta like this:

I may consider changing the green v-neck into a long sleeved shirt like the one the boy wears in the login screen. What do you think?

#19101 by Crush
Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:33 am
i think you should accentuate the breast more and the shoulders less in the female version.

#19104 by Saphy
Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:15 am
well, it is a baggy sweater and I am trying to make it unisex. Maybe it is not possible afterall, but I don't want the cloth to show off female breasts if it is possible.

On the other hand, the shoulders are drawn according to the girl in the login screen. Who is she anyway? Perhaps, she is an important character. But if she will be removed later and has nothing to do with the game, then the lavender sweater version a few posts above should be used instead. Or maybe we can add a purple sweater to the game that uses this sprite?

What would be your opinion?

#19112 by Modanung
Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:36 pm
Yea, and don't draw breasts in a male version of an item please... it's disturbing. :)
Nice work though.

#19127 by Saphy
Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:01 pm
Okay. I guess I will make a male and female version instead. However, I would need to know if the purple sweater will be used or not, whether it should be used to replace wool sweater, made into another set of sweater, or not. I also noticed the several login screen has character wearing green shirt with yellow trims. If I make a shirt similar to that, will there be plan to include it in the game?