All development of pixel art and graphics
#155603 by EJlol
Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:12 pm
A big merchant ship needs a row boat to be able to go ashore on land (the water near the beach is too swallow for big ships like that). In the harbor it might also be nice to have a little bit of variation between boats.

So here is the start of a rowboat.
Attachments
rowboat2.png
rowboat2.png (1.32 KiB) Viewed 1197 times
#155604 by Alige
Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:48 pm
Awesome! For that kind of boat, I don't think a sail is necessary. Although, boat oars would be great!
I think we can make that be a great decoration tileset for the harbor!

Please edit your post and add the image to your post instead of using links. Links expire so we lose stuff with time :(
#155605 by Reid
Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:16 am
These tiles are mostly decorative, thus you can use a different orientation instead of the plain side or front view as we won't need to "walk" on it.
Len did a good ship tile for WoA, having two orientation would be pretty neat, although, your outlines are actually pretty good too!
#155607 by EJlol
Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:28 pm
Alige wrote:Please edit your post and add the image to your post instead of using links. Links expire so we lose stuff with time :(

True. But copy+paste is a lot easier than flatten, export to .png, and then upload... Anyway I have uploaded it now.

Reid wrote:These tiles are mostly decorative, thus you can use a different orientation instead of the plain side or front view as we won't need to "walk" on it.

I haven't really thought about that. But using a plain side view is a lot easier to draw than drawing a different orientation. I will think about it, as a different orientation does look more natural and/or better. Do you have a link too Len's ship?
#155611 by WildX
Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:58 pm
I claim the canoe for the river port village of Voile'nolen :)
#155613 by Reid
Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:10 pm
That's the one from Len.
#155845 by bcs86
Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:27 am
A boat such as Len's is the style of sprite to use when the boat is not in use.
The symmetrical and bilateral boat with an outline indicating that it is an object is something that should be interactive somehow.