Some Tiles to mess with

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Some Tiles to mess with

Post by meway »

These are some thing I have created before in a post of Irukard and another set TMW is not familiar with yet.
Attachments
messing around.PNG
messing around.PNG (21.04 KiB) Viewed 1779 times
DarkLord
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Some Tiles to mess with

Post by DarkLord »

Nice textures!
Regards,
DarkLord

Occasionally playing TMW.

Running Windows 8.1 Pro, OS X Mavericks and Ubuntu 13.10
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Bump
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

DarkLord wrote:Nice textures!
I think the textures are, while nice, too exaggerated on some surfaces. It's OK on the grey rocks, but they clash too much with the normal shading on the sandstone tiles. Reducing the contrast of the textures would help.

Also, when you want something to look rough and weathered, it is a good idea to not just add noise to the surfaces but also to the lines. Currently, the surfaces of the grey rocks might be scratched, but the edges look sharp like a blade.

Nevertheless it is a great start and with some minor improvements these tiles could be the base of an excellent tileset.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

Please note that the top archway is based on this one by irukard:

Meway, the texture on the top arch looks okay, but it appears that you drew it just by scribbling back and forwards. A better texture could probably be achieved were you to draw it pixel by pixel.

The carvings on the front of the arch are lighter on the left side, meaning they stand out - they're not carved into the rock. Was that your intention? Also, the contrast on these is too strong.

Oh, and the carvings on either side are the same. I think they should be mirrored.