[FND] Graveyard Inn NPCs

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

skipy
Knight
Knight

Re: [FND] Graveyard Inn NPCs

Post by skipy »

Rotonen wrote:
skipy wrote:
Rotonen wrote:Do try to minimize things: if there is a large static portion and a small animated portion, make it 2 sprites and use XML magic.
i not sure what you ment by 2 sprite.(i slow in the head sometimes :roll: )..what think you are saying is ...the moving on one sheet and non-moving on a other sheet..if this is how/what you are saying ...it should be no problem to do
Yes, separate sheets for moving parts and static parts. Saves in storage space and client memory usage.
its alot of work for what is done .....but in the Future i will keep this in mind...
also if this sort of thing works for (npc)s can it work for monsters as well?? (like wings flapping on a dragon and stuff like that)

----------------------------skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

skipy wrote:its alot of work for what is done .....but in the Future i will keep this in mind...
also if this sort of thing works for (npc)s can it work for monsters as well?? (like wings flapping on a dragon and stuff like that)
Yes. It is already used for a few monster "accessory sets" by Fother. For example see the sea slime XML and related sprites. So you can also use any existing sprites and do overlays on them this way. Via XML magic you can stack on top of each other and move in relation to each other any sprites the client has in its client data.

If it means a lot of extra work for creating sprites for you, it is not worth it. My thought here was to leave the pixel artists do whatever they want to do and let the packagers scratch their heads over this kind of trickery.

In case you ever need this, now you know what you can do so my ranting here has not been all in vain.
This message used to be meaningful.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Rotonen wrote:
skipy wrote:its alot of work for what is done .....but in the Future i will keep this in mind...
Yes. It is already used for a few monster "accessory sets" by Fother. For example see the sea slime XML and related sprites. So you can also use any existing sprites and do overlays on them this way. Via XML magic you can stack on top of each other and move in relation to each other any sprites the client has in its client data.

If it means a lot of extra work for creating sprites for you, it is not worth it. My thought here was to leave the pixel artists do whatever they want to do and let the packagers scratch their heads over this kind of trickery.

In case you ever need this, now you know what you can do so my ranting here has not been all in vain.
sweet...
thanks for the info...what i was thinking is this can make a tiny bit harder to start ...but way easyer in the long run..also more organized...and may allow for more complex stuff in the future...

i will do some more research on this...

---------------------skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
nmaligec
Warrior
Warrior

Post by nmaligec »

I just added all the npcs in a straight line at the gyinn, just for a quick test.

All npcs look great! There is one small/minor exception: the Crying Child. There seems to be a white outline around it. I think it was skipy working on it, so if you get the chance could you touch it up and paste the update png. Thanks skipy. The xml works very well, so no problems there.

The correct placing of each npc and proper scripts will still have to be done. I might do this myself, with some guidance as to where each one should be placed and what they should say.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

nmaligec wrote:I just added all the npcs in a straight line at the gyinn, just for a quick test.

All npcs look great! There is one small/minor exception: the Crying Child. There seems to be a white outline around it. I think it was skipy working on it.
It's not Skipy ^^ It's me and Lien.

I will corect that when i got time... When do you need it?
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
nmaligec
Warrior
Warrior

Post by nmaligec »

No real rush atm, a week or two is fine. As I said its minor and as long as its 99% and the xml is correct, I can keep going with the rest of the quest. I really appreciate all your hard work Lien, pretty soon you will be able to see it all in game!
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

nmaligec wrote:No real rush atm, a week or two is fine. As I said its minor and as long as its 99% and the xml is correct, I can keep going with the rest of the quest. I really appreciate all your hard work Lien, pretty soon you will be able to see it all in game!
People will need to pay the sink and... I'm not LIEN! O-O I said that Lien AND me did that :p .
Well, give me by pm every little bug that you found, i will corect all when i got time ^^
-- Ford Prefect
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Reid wrote:People will need to pay the sink
Yeah, well, how?
500 milions is a lot of money we will never reach 500M and you know.
Oh, and I didn't know that DEVs needs money to add a new area...
Rich people spent his money to buy rares from the exotic trader, to go to the terranite cave by teleport, to use the ferry, with many things that are useful for them, not to reach such a huge amount of money. We reached 18M gp that will never be used for the gy inn because the 500M were not reached and will never be.
That's all, regards.

TMW Team member

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

.:WildX:. wrote:
Reid wrote:People will need to pay the sink
Yeah, well, how?
500 milions is a lot of money we will never reach 500M and you know.
Oh, and I didn't know that DEVs needs money to add a new area...
Rich people spent his money to buy rares from the exotic trader, to go to the terranite cave by teleport, to use the ferry, with many things that are useful for them, not to reach such a huge amount of money. We reached 18M gp that will never be used for the gy inn because the 500M were not reached and will never be.
That's all, regards.
WIldy, i never said that i was ok with the sink (or not?... hum.) But its what devs did, so in wait of an other thing, we can't do many thing.... I hope the inn will be useful soon ^^

Btw, nmaligec, give me everything doc, like that i can see what dont work... I dont know if the file are on the git or no.... I will change that enter two maps...
-- Ford Prefect